Wild Ride: Man Clings To Hood Of SUV In Epic Road Rage Case

0 603

A 65-year-old man named Richard Kamrowski went for one heck of a wild ride clinging to the hood of an SUV in a suspected road rage incident this last week. The whole thing went down in Massachusetts on a turnpike about 20 miles west of Boston. The car was going up to 70 mph. Cellphone footage showed the terrifying rush hour event. This happened around 4:30 pm on Friday.

Mark Fitzgerald, 37, was the driver of the car. Kamrowski was driving a Ford F-150 pickup truck. Kamrowski and Fitzgerald were involved in a minor sideswipe on I-90 last week. The two pulled over to exchange information and things quickly went south. An argument broke out and things escalated when Fitzgerald tried to drive off. Kamrowski affixed himself to the hood of Fitzgerald’s Infinity SUV in an attempt to stop him state troopers said.

At some point before this escalated, Kamrowski of Framingham, Massachusetts, reached into Fitzgerald’s vehicle and snatched a water bottle and then stood in front of Fitzgerald’s SUV, police said.

“Fitzgerald then began driving towards Kamrowski, who subsequently jumped on the hood of Fitzgerald’s vehicle,” according to the statement from police.

“I thought he was going to run over me and, I don’t know, I don’t think he stopped, he just kept going fast then slow, fast then slow trying to get me to slide off, and I wasn’t getting off the car,” Kamrowski told Boston 25 News. Fitzgerlad evidently kept driving two to three miles on the turnpike speeding up to 70 mph in an effort to get Kamrowski to fall off the hood. Fortunately, that did not work.

Fitzgerald, according to police, broke the windshield with the water bottle he took from Fitzgerald’s vehicle.

Other drivers attempted to get Fitzgerald to stop. Eventually, one driver ordered Fitzgerald out of his SUV at gunpoint so he could be arrested, troopers reported. “The SUV driver ultimately came to a stop, we believe with the intervention of some Good Samaritans, and was taken into custody by responding troopers,” Massachusetts State Police spokesman David Procopio said.

Fitzgerald refused to answer questions from reporters. He was charged with assault with a dangerous weapon against a person over 60, negligent operation and leaving the scene of a crash causing property damage and Kamrowski faces disorderly conduct and malicious damage to a motor vehicle charges. I wonder why both were not charged with reckless endangerment? They were both released on personal recognizance bonds and ordered to appear for arraignment in district court on Monday in Waltham, Massachusetts.

“I was assaulted. That’s it,” Kamrowski told NBC Boston. “I just kept telling him, ‘Stop the car, stop the car,’ and he wouldn’t stop.”

I don’t know how Kamrowski hung on. He kept telling the guy to stop. Fitzgerald wanted to kill him obviously. Just wow.

Kamrowski said he’s just happy to be alive. “When you’re hanging on for dear life, it’s, you know, pretty scary,” he stated.

The good Samaritan was a man with a gun and a concealed carry permit who got out of his car when they stopped and told Fitzgerald to stop and get out which he did. And once again a good guy with a legal gun brought the altercation to an end. He won’t be charged. In fact, he may get a medal. Amazingly, no one got hurt.

Sources: Fox News, NBC, ABC

You might also like

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.