Two 13-Year-Old Girls Found Dead on Hiking Trail, While Parents Waited At Pick Up Point

0 479

During the search for two 13-year-old girls, 2 bodies were found on the riverbank. This was just hours from when on one of them posted a final photo online while hiking in Indiana.

Police have not released information on whether or not the bodies have been identified as Abigail Williams and Liberty German, and for now they are just claiming the two bodies were found Tuesday afternoon near the area where the girls went missing along Deer Creek. Foul play is suspected.

The people who were posting their condolences on Williams’ mother’s Facebook page and since the police have ‘scaled back’ the search for the girls. The two bodies were found less than one mile away from the Monon High Bridge, which is where they were dropped off by family members around 1pm that day and the same place they were suppose to be picked up later after the hike.


Both girls had cell phones but they were either dead or powered off during the time when they were trying to be contacted.

Last night, German’s grandfather Mike Patty told WLFI: ‘The cellphone has been pinging around town – and here there is a cellphone tower – but the ping was last noted around five to six hours ago. And they say the phone is now dead.’

The bridge is something of a local beauty spot and is where the final picture of Abigail Williams was taken by Liberty German, hours before they were reported missing at 5.30pm.



Foul play is suspected but police have yet to comment on how the victims died. They also wouldn’t comment on the extent of their injuries because of how early it is in the investigation.

Police did not disclose in a press conference if there were any suspects or persons of interest at this point.

Police investigate 2 bodies found in Deer Creek, suspect foul play

Right now it is considered a ‘death investigation’ and is not classified as a homicide. The teens were last seen at 1pm on Monday according to RTV6.

German posted a picture of Williams on Snapchat at around 2pm that day. It turned out that would be the last documentation of the girls alive.

‘We’re just praying for their safe return. I’m upset and confused. Obviously, very distraught. I’m just worried.’
‘All I want to do is have the girls get home safe,’ a family member said.

Assistant Delphi Fire Chief Curtis Borden told the station the girls were discovered this morning but that it was ‘not good.’

Williams and German were supposed to be picked up where they were dropped off a few hours later but never showed up.

Police said that family members dropped them off but it is not clear if it was a parent of either girl, or a sibling. The two were reported missing at 5.30pm Monday evening.

When the girls first went missing yesterday Fox 59 reported no foul play was suspected based off of the details the family gave police. Officers initially considered issuing an Amber Alert but decided the situation did not fit the criteria.

Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby said in a written release yesterday: ‘Based on information learned from friends and family members, police do not suspect foul play and have no information to believe the girls are in any kind of danger, other than being exposed to outside elements’

Anna Williams, Abigail’s mother, told WLFI yesterday: ‘I’m getting scared now. It’s getting cold and they’ve been out a long time. I don’t know what time they ate last.’

Prayers of support and comfort going out to all those involved in this tragedy.

You might also like

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.