St. Louis Police Officer Killed In ‘Russian Roulette’-Style Game By Fellow Officer

0 503

A male St. Louis police officer has been charged with involuntary manslaughter after the shooting death of a fellow female police officer. Her senseless death was the result of playing a deadly game of Russian Roulette with a revolver. It is unknown if drinking was involved but I would bet it was. That’s not a game… it’s a short trek to suicide.

Circuit Attorney Kim Gardner was the one who announced the charges against Officer Nathaniel Hendren, 29, in the death of Officer Katlyn Alix, 24. “I will hold people accountable regardless of their profession, public status or station in life,” Gardner stated. And so she should. In this instance, the charges are more than justified.

The officers were playing the deadly game… taking turns pointing the gun at one another, with one bullet in the chamber. Alix’s luck ran out first and she lost her life. Hendren has now been charged with two felonies: involuntary manslaughter and armed criminal action. He’ll live but his life is pretty much over. He faces ten years in prison over this.

The probable cause statement from the police was nothing less than chilling. Alix died at Hendren’s home. “The defendant emptied the cylinder of the revolver and then put one cartridge back into the cylinder,” the statement recounted. Hendren allegedly spun the cylinder, pointed the gun away and pulled the trigger. The gun did not fire.

Then it was Alix’s turn and she took the gun. She pointed it at Hendren and pulled the trigger. Again it did not fire.

Hendren then “took the gun back and pointed it at the victim (and) pulled the trigger causing the gun to discharge,” the statement said. “The victim was struck in the chest.” Alix was rushed to St. Louis University Hospital where she succumbed to her wound. The third time was the deadly charm.

According to Fox News:

“Hendren and his partner were working a late shift Wednesday, but traveled to his house two miles away from the southeastern border of the district of their assigned patrol area, the paper reported. They were required to remain in their assigned district at all times, the report said.

“Alix, an Army veteran, was off-duty and met the men at the home, where she was killed just before 1 a.m.

“Police Chief John Hayden has declined to answer questions about why the officers had gathered at the apartment.

“St. Louis police said the charges were the result of a promise Hayden made to Alix’s family to conduct a “thorough and competent investigation.”

“Alix was a patrol officer who had graduated from the St. Louis Police Academy in January 2017.”

In other words, Hendren and his partner were on duty and they were supposed to be on patrol. They were not in their district. Instead, they went to Hendren’s home and met Alix there. Not long after, she was dead and gone. The weapon that took Alix’s life was not a service weapon.

She was an Army veteran as well as a police officer.

From the Daily Mail:

“The affidavit says that Hendren’s partner, a 29-year-old male, claims that he protested that ‘they shouldn’t be playing with guns and that they were police officers.’

“The partner claimed that he was walking out of the room when he heard the gun go off.

“After Alix was shot, the two male officers sent a message over police radio at 12.56am that an officer needed assistance, and rushed her to an area hospital, where she was pronounced dead.

“Outside of the hospital, surrounded by crime scene tape, a police SUV with a shattered window was seen early Thursday.

“According to reports, Hendren headbutted the back window of the vehicle after arriving at the hospital, breaking out the window.

“Initially, the shooting was being investigated as accidental, St Louis Metro Police Chief John Hayden said at a press conference soon after Alix died.”

What a tragic waste. The family is asking for privacy so they can grieve in peace. Alix will be missed.

Sources: Fox News, The Daily Mail

You might also like

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.