Ocasio-Coretz Wants EVERY BUILDING, Including YOUR Home, Upgraded or Replaced
While the Senate recently gave Ocasio-Cortez’ Green New Deal a resounding “NO!” recently, we know that it is truly their game-plan for the future. When the GND is looked at close, the ramifications are catastrophic for the United States, and in no way, will actually accomplish any of its desired task. But there are some items in Ocasio-Cortez mind, that are so outrageous, that it verges on the absurd.
Of course, we already know that one goal that she has, is to do away with airplanes and cows, but also hidden within the Green New Deal FAQ sheet (that they deleted, but the internet is forever!) is one goal that is likely to give every homeowner severe heartburn:
To remove greenhouse gas emissions and pollution from every sector of the economy, the sheet notes, requires also that America: “Upgrade or replace every building in US for state-of-the-art energy efficiency.”
Ocasio-Cortez’s Green New Deal could basically outlaw every building in the country.
This is the overview of the Green New Deal in action. Now, Ocasio-Cortez would tell you that this was a mistake and that it was not finished. We know it was not. This final version actually had the common sense to removed a call to eradicate fossil fuels, a move that infuriated some environmentalists. Do not be fooled. This is EXACTLY what they are thinking. Just as when they passed ObamaCare, as a step, to single payer. This folks, is their end goal.
We will begin work immediately on Green New Deal bills to put the nuts and bolts on the plan described in this resolution (important to say so someone else can’t claim this mantle).
This is a massive transformation of our society with clear goals and a timeline. The Green New Deal resolution a 10-year plan to mobilize every aspect of American society at a scale not seen since World War 2 to achieve net-zero greenhouse gas emissions and create economic prosperity for
all. It will:
- Move America to 100% clean and renewable energy
- Create millions of family supporting-wage, union jobs
- Ensure a just transition for all communities and workers to ensure economic security for people and communities that have historically relied on fossil fuel industries
- Ensure justice and equity for frontline communities by prioritizing investment, training, climate and community resiliency, economic and environmental benefits in these communities.
- Build on FDR’s second bill of rights by guaranteeing:
- A job with a family-sustaining wage, family and medical leave, vacations, and retirement security
- High-quality education, including higher education and trade schools
- Clean air and water and access to nature
- Healthy food
- High-quality health care
- Safe, affordable, adequate housing
- Economic environment free of monopolies
- Economic security for all who are unable or unwilling to work
Folks, this is the direction the Democrat party is taking. They are making a huge surge to the far left and socialism. While I believe that this defeats them in the short run, they are great at making baby steps to get to their desired goals.
There was a time when they hid their true long term goals. They claimed they wanted abortion only when necessary, They stated the did not want to take all the guns.
We live in a different world.
JFK would have already left the Democrat party if he were alive today.