EXPLOSIVE! Chicago Demands Smollett Pay $130,000 Or They Will Bring New Charges!

0 616

According to the Chicago Sun-Times, the city of Chicago is threatening to bring new charges against Jussie Smollett if he does not pay for costs the city accrued investigating his false police report! The city laid out the cost of the investigation into the alleged hate crime as costing more than $130,000. Specifically, the cost was $130,106.15, the city wrote to Smollett.

In a letter sent to Smollett’s attorneys, the Chicago Corporation Counsel requested that Smollett pay up within seven days. It stated that the “Empire” actor could face a new charge for making a false statement if he doesn’t pay in a “timely” manner.

“You made a police report in which you falsely claimed that two men had attacked you while yelling racial and homophobic slurs. The Chicago Police Department conducted an extensive investigation into this report,” the letter stated, according to the Chicago Sun-Times. “Over two dozen detectives and police officers participated in the investigation, ultimately spending weeks investigating the false claims, including a substantial number of overtime hours.”

Those resources, the letter said, “could have been used for other investigations.”

This is just another of two blows made Thursday to Smollett’s claim of innocence after the charges were dropped.

The Illinois Prosecutors Bar Association had also condemned Cook County State’s Attorney Kim Foxx for her handling of the Smollett case They called the shocking dismissal of the charges, and public statements, unethical and misleading, and stated that the case was definitely not handled in a typical fashion.

The statement reads, in part:

The events of the past few days regarding the Cook County State’s Attorney’s handling of the Jussie Smollett case is not condoned by the IPBA, nor is it representative of the honest ethical work prosecutors provide to the citizens of the State of Illinois on a daily basis.

The manner in which this case was dismissed was abnormal and unfamiliar to those who practice law in criminal courthouses across the State. Prosecutors, defense attorneys, and judges alike do not recognize the arrangement Mr. Smollett received. Even more problematic, the State’s Attorney and her representatives have fundamentally misled the public on the law and circumstances surrounding the dismissal.

 

Additionally, the Cook County State’s Attorney’s office falsely informed the public that the uncontested sealing of the criminal court case was “mandatory” under Illinois law. … The State’s Attorney not only declined to fight the sealing of this case in court, but then provided false information to the public regarding it.

Lastly, the State’s Attorney has claimed this arrangement is “available to all defendants” and “not a new or unusual practice.” There has even been an implication it was done in accordance with a statutory diversion program. These statements are plainly misleading and inaccurate.

The play-out of events over the week have been stunning, and have sincerely left Jussie Smollett in a bigger mess than he was in before his charges were dropped.

First, on Tuesday, we were informed all charges had been dropped, and that the court case had been sealed by the judge.

Immediately, Smollett went to a press conference with an ‘I told you so!’ victory lap!

READ: Prosecutor Says Jussie Smollett Is Lying! ‘We Have Not Exonerated Him, Only Dropped The…

Smollett doubled down that he had always been truthful and consistent throughout the investigation, noting that he wouldn’t be “his mother’s son” if he had done what he had been accused of.

“I have been truthful and consistent on every single level since day one,” he said. “I would not be my mother’s son if I was capable of one drop of what I’ve been accused of.”

“I am a man of faith, and I am a man that has knowledge of my history, and I would not bring my family, our lives, or the movement through a fire like this.”, Smollett claimed.

Then in response, in an interview with the Chicago Tribune Tuesday afternoon, First Assistant State’s Attorney Joseph Magats said the prosecutors office’s actions did NOT declare him innocent at all!

“The bottom line is, we stand behind the investigation, we stand behind the decision to charge him,” Magats told the Chicago Tribune.

“The fact that (Smollett) feels that we have exonerated him, we have not. I can’t make it any clearer than that.”

Magats clearly denied that the dropping of the charges either signaled weak evidence or a desire for secrecy.

“It’s a mistake and it’s wrong to read into the decision that there was something wrong or that we learned something about the case that we didn’t already know,” Magats told the Chicago Tribune.

READ: EXPLOSIVE! Jessie Smollet’s Arrest Record Is Released and Here It Is! NOT Innocent!

Then the Mayor of Chicago, Rahm Emanuel, and Police Superintendent Eddie Johnson held a news conference excoriating Smollett.

The mayor exclaimed, “Mr. Smollett is still saying he is innocent. How dare him?”

“How dare him? How dare him?” the mayor expounded.

“This is a person now who has been let off scot-free with no sense of accountability of the moral and ethical wrong of his actions,” Emanuel continued.

He admonished Smollett for “using hate crime laws that are on the books to protect people who are minorities from violence” only to “turn around and use those laws to advance your career and financial reward.”

“Is there no decency in this man?” the mayor said.

“I do know what the grand jury said,” the mayor said, referring to the evidence that sent the case to trial in the first place.

READ: Jussie Smollett Surprised To Find Out The Feds Are Still Investigating Him!!

Then came Police Superintendent Eddie Johnson:

“Do I think justice was served? No. What do I think justice is? I think this city is still owed an apology,” Johnson said.

“At the end of the day, it’s Mr. Smollett who committed this hoax, period,” the police superintendent said.

Not long after that, the CPD responded quickly to a FOIA request and released the arrest records. The judge immediately responded by issuing another order sealing all other relevant documents, continuing the cover-up.

The records were pretty damning and explained why the grand jury had no problem sending the case to trial.

Then comes these two items today, as well as the full understanding that the FBI is STILL investigating the matter and will most likely bring some kind of charges and punishment.

Whoever let Jussie Smollett give that interview, declaring that the dropped charges proved his innocence was a fool. He should have kept his mouth shut.

Actually, he should have been a man and owned up to his mistake as the facts started coming out. He only looks like a child defending the indefensible at this point. There was a time when he could have gotten past this. Now his legacy is set, and it includes that press conference.

It’s not even over. Get the popcorn!

 

 

You might also like

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.