In a report from Reuters:
British police rushed to an incident on London Bridge on Saturday after witnesses said a van ploughed into pedestrians and one woman told Reuters she saw people who may have had their throats cut.
British Transport Police said casualties were reported after an incident that may have involved a van and a knife attack, the BBC said, while the London Ambulance Service said it was sending multiple resources to the incident.
Police said armed officers were also responding to an incident in the nearby Borough Market area of the city.
One witness told Reuters that she saw what appeared to be three people with knife wounds and possibly their throats cut at London Bridge. Reuters was unable to immediately verify her account.
Another witness told the BBC she saw a speeding white van veering into pedestrians. That witness said the van hit five to six people. Reuters television pictures showed dozens of emergency vehicles in the area around London Bridge.
Several witnesses also reported hearing gunshots.
“We were in an Uber (taxi) going towards London Bridge and suddenly we saw people running. The Uber stopped, we asked people what was going on – people said there was shooting,” said Yoann Belmere, 40, a French banker living in London.
“Now the area is completely closed with police cars going one way and ambulances going the other,” he told Reuters.
London’s transport authority said London Bridge rail station had been closed at the request of the police.
The incident comes days ahead of a June 8 election, with polls suggesting the lead of Prime Minister Theresa May’s Conservative Party has dropped sharply.
It also comes less than two weeks after a suicide bomber killed 22 people at a pop concert by U.S. singer Ariana Grande in Manchester in northern England.
In addition, in another update from the Daily Mail:
Seven people are feared dead after three men with 12-inch hunting knives reportedly stabbed pedestrians after mowing down up to 20 people with a white van on London Bridge.
The men, described as being ‘of Mediterranean origin’, reportedly jumped out of the van and began ‘randomly stabbing people’ along Borough High Street in central London at 10pm.
The car, believed to be a B&Q vehicle, was reportedly veering in an ‘S shape’ at 50mph onto the pavement across the bridge and has driven towards the Shard and is south of the river.
‘Rapid gunfire’ was heard in the London Bridge area as armed police are thought to have shot shot dead two of the men, with a search underway for the third man.
Armed police have responded to reports of stabbings in nearby Borough Market and shots have been fired, Scotland Yard said.
Police have responded to another incident in Vauxhall in south London, telling people ‘you must run, hide and tell’, Scotland Yard said.
A man has been arrested, as Sky News reported live from Borough High Street.
There are also unconfirmed reports of gunfire on Southwark Street.
People in the area have been told by police authorities to stay inside and lock their doors. They are urging people to remain calm as they deal with the ongoing incident.
President Donald Trump responds
Donald Trump has just started tweeting about the London incident, our US correspondent Harriet Alexander reports.
First he tweeted a demand that he be allowed to bring in his travel ban – something which will raise eyebrows here in the US.
He said: “We need to be smart, vigilant and tough. We need the courts to give us back our rights. We need the Travel Ban as an extra level of safety!”
He then tweeted an offer to help the UK in any way.
Let’s hope the British police find any and all involved in this incident and punish them appropriately.
At this point we ask for your prayers for the victims and their families.