Initiative by Equality Illinois and Illinois Safe Schools Alliance calls for including LGBTQ contributions and history in public schools.
Students in Illinois would learn about the so-called significant historical events and contributions by LGBTQ people under the Inclusive Curriculum Bill introduced in the Illinois Senate, according to Equality Illinois and the Illinois Safe Schools Alliance.
In a brazen attempt to indoctrinate public school age children K-12 to embrace the LGBTQ lifestyle, State Sen. Heather Steans (D-Chicago) and State Rep. Anna Moeller (D-Elgin) have sponsored SB 3249 and HB 5596 respectively.
The Inclusive Curriculum Bill, SB 3249, was introduced late Thursday and is sponsored by state Sen. Heather Steans of Chicago and state Rep. Anna Moeller of Elgin. The bill is an initiative of Equality Illinois, the state’s civil rights organization for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer Illinoisans, and the Illinois Safe Schools Alliance, which promotes safety, support, and healthy development for LGBTQ students in Illinois schools.
These bills are considered companion bills and are presently in their respective committees and gaining co-sponsors. It is unclear how soon these bills will move and build momentum so please pray and act as soon as possible.
“As a former first grade teacher, I know how an inclusive education system can create change within a community,” said Brian C. Johnson, CEO of Equality Illinois. “By including information in public school curriculum about the contributions of LGBTQ people and the historical events they were involved in, we will get closer as a state to telling the whole story of our shared history.”
“We work with students across Illinois, and we consistently hear from them that they don’t see themselves or their identities in their classrooms,” said Rodrigo Anzures-Oyorzabal, Policy and Advocacy Manager for the Illinois Safe Schools Alliance. “This bill will help LGBTQ students see their own history across fields and practices, creating better outcomes for them in school.”
The Illinois School Code already ensures inclusion in history curriculum of the contributions and experiences of other historically marginalized communities, including of people of color, women, immigrant communities, and people with disabilities.
“An inclusive history will affirm for LGBTQ students that people just like them existed and made significant contributions to society,” said Johnson. “This inclusive history will also benefit non-LGBTQ students, who would be taught the whole story about the achievements of LGBTQ people and the historical events that impacted all of us.”
Known as the SCH CD-LGBT-UNIT OF INSTRUCTION, both bills would mandate:
- K-12 public school classes include in its curriculum a unit of instruction studying the role and contributions of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people in the history of this country and this state.
- The regional superintendent of schools to monitor a school district’s compliance with the curriculum requirements.
When was the last time an individual/individuals were commended for something, because of their sexual preference? This is not logical let alone it is an affront to our religious beliefs.
If passed this legislation would put schools in the position of proselytizing Illinois children. Schools would be mandated to brain wash impressionable school-aged children into believing the LGBTQ is a healthy legitimate lifestyle.
The Inclusive Curriculum Bill will be a key lobbying component of LGBTQ Advocacy Day on April 11 in the Illinois Capitol.
The Bible calls us to be pro-active in protecting our children.
Put a halt to the LGBTQ’s anti-Christ agenda in Illinois and America.
It’s time to take ACTION:
- Call and/or email the members of the Senate Education Committee. Ask them to reject LGBTQ social engineering in public schools by voting NO on SB 3249. Be sure to let them know that you are a member of Concerned Women for America of Illinois. Click here for their names and contact information.
- Call and/or email the members of the House Rules Committee. Ask them to reject LGBTQ social engineering in public schools by voting NO on HB 5596. Be sure to let them know that you are a member of Concerned Women for America of Illinois. Click here for their names and contact information.
- Contact both your senator and representative. Ask them to reject LGBTQ social engineering in public schools by voting NO on SB 3249 (if you are addressing your senator) and HB 5596 (if you are addressing your representative). Be sure to let them know that you are a member of Concerned Women for America of Illinois. Click here to find out who they are and how to contact them.
- Forward this e-alert to like-minded friends and family. Encourage them to pray and take action.
If this bill is passed by the Illinois Senate and House and lands on “No-Social-Agenda” Rauner’s desk, is there any doubt that he will sign the bill into law? Remember, he just attended a swanky fundraising soiree hosted by Equality Illinois (which, by the way, was honoring Planned Parenthood). “No-Social-Agenda” Rauner spoke at and donated $15,000 to Equality Illinois to help it in its effort to eradicate moral truth about sexuality from the public square.
While conservatives are badgered relentlessly to shut up about the “social issues,” Leftists rub their hands in glee. Unrestrained by anyone in their own party and with conservative obstacles largely removed, “LGBTQQAP” activists and their Leftist toadies advance their perverse positions on the “social issues.”
Publishers tend to listen to the dictates of legislatures, especially in valuable markets like Texas or California. This past November, California state officials approved 10 textbooks and rejected two others for not sufficiently including the stories of LGBT people, which is a loss for the publisher.
Past analyses have suggested that Florida, Texas and California alone might account for almost a third of the education book publishing market.
So do we really want 3-4% of the population in ILLINOIS and their beliefs to be MANDATED on ALL students in ILLINOIS? Don’t we have enough problems already with too few students meeting and exceeding standards in reading and math? Is anyone still teaching social studies at the elementary levels that we need to have THIS mandated on ALL students? Come on people!
These bills will transform the ideology of future generations. Please diligently pray and take action.
‘All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.’ – Edmund Burke
Resources: Concerned Women For America (CWA), Illinois Family Organization, Illinois Family Institute (IFI)