The Wall Street Journal wants to know, ‘Why is the MSM ignoring the REAL bombshell of the FISA Memo?’.
Well, you could say it’s because the MSM is supportive of liberal policies and socialism. Socialism was supported by Clinton and Obama, not President Trump. So, if the MSM supported Clinton, they are certainly NOT going to be supporting the REAL facts of the FISA Memo are they? Highly doubtful!
3 Possibilities: MSM IS IGNORING THE REAL BOMBSHELL OF FISA MEMO
However there are three possibilities from Zero Hedge why the MSM is ignoring the REAL bombshell of the FISA Memo.
1) The GOP hyped the Nunes memo, which quickly became the center of this whole firestorm — replete with counter-memos, FBI objections, etc. The press followed the spotlight.
(2) As we’ve been saying, there are so many complex pieces of this larger puzzle, following the plot is difficult. It’s not just news consumers wondering, “which memo is this now?” — it’s many of the people trying to cover this drama, too. The document in question here is a second, less redacted, version of a Senate memo that few people haven’t even heard of.
(3) The Senate memo, produced by non-bomb-throwers Chuck Grassley and Lindsey Graham, is substantially more disruptive to the Democrats’ narrative than the Nunes document. And the press generally prefers Democratic narratives to Republican ones because most journalists are liberals.
Grassley and Graham FISA MEMO BARELY REGISTERS ON MSM RADAR
My guess is that some blend of all three factors helps explain why the Grassley/Graham memo has barely registered on the national radar, even after we’ve endured multiple high-octane news cycles starring Nunes and Schiff. But on the substance, does Strassel have a point, or is this just the latest shiny object the right-wing is waving around to distract from “the real story,” now that the Nunes memo was arguably a bit of a dud? Here’s her case:
1) Why isn’t the (mostly) unredacted Grassley memo front page news? Here’s why: Because it confirms the Nunes memo and blows up the Schiff talking points (which the media ran with).
2)It is confirmation that the FBI’s FISA application relied on the dossier and a news article, and worse, on the credibility of a source in the employ of the Clinton campaign.
3) It is proof that the FBI did not tell the Court the extraordinarily partisan provenance of the dossier.
4) It provides evidence that the FBI presented the FISA Court with materially false evidence, in the claim that Steele had not talked to the press. And then shows that even after Steele admitted under oath that he had, the FBI did not tell the FISA Court in its renewal.
5) It provides evidence that Steele was getting information from the Clinton team itself! Via the State Department! So now, not only do we have a dossier based on unnamed shady Russians, but on Sidney Blumenthal. How much of this was engineered by the Clinton campaign from start?
WSJ:The Grassley/Graham FISA MEMO is a significantly bigger deal than Nunes and the MSM KNOWS THIS!
…“The bulk of the application” against Page was dossier material…
“The application appears to contain no additional information corroborating the dossier allegations against Mr. Page.”
In other words, they seem to have treated the dossier as evidence, not as a lead. That’s big news.
MSM does NOT want to report the REAL FISA MEMO!
But that’s not all. Grassley/Graham allege, based on intelligence, that the man behind the anti-Trump dossier was known to be unreliable by the FBI (they eventually severed ties with him) because he was caught lying either to US law enforcement or to British courts, telling each entity different stories about a key fact.
Either way, FISA judges who approved and renewed the Page warrants weren’t told about the proven unreliability of the foreign agent whose work product was (apparently) the central basis for said warrants. The FBI might counter that Steele seemed credible at first, then they dumped him when he burned them, but that doesn’t mean their hands are clean.
WE all know that the original FISA application on Carter Page relied heavily on the fake dossier from Christopher Steele.
WE also know that the FBI failed to tell the FISA Court even in renewals of the FISA warrants that Steele’s info wasn’t so credible.
Grassley and Graham make another good point about Steele’s chattering to the press while his investigation was still ongoing: Once bad actors were aware that he was digging for dirt on Trump, they could have sought him out and fed him any amount of BS in hopes of it trickling through to the FBI and deepening the official suspicion surrounding Team Trump. That’s how Clinton cronies — maybe even Sid Blumenthal — got involved in this clusterfark.
Because Steele was willing to accept even unsolicited tips about Trump, the Clinton team may have fed him rumors to help fill a dossier for which their boss was paying.
THE MSM knows the FISA MEMO used to obtain the FISA warrant and the Trump-Russia investigation is a SHAM!
What a total SHAM! All just a bunch of BS! All just one big clusterfark!
The FBI just kept the lies and the fake dossier going for as long as they could. Remember this was Mueller. This was Rosenstein. This was AG Lynch. This was Clinton and Obama. One BIG LIE after another. And so far….ALL OF THEM have gotten away with it!
You STILL want to know WHY the MSM is ignoring the REAL bombshell of the FISA Memo? It all points back to Clinton. Do you seriously think the MSM is going to rat out Crooked Hillary?