This week President Trump announced the GOP “The Highly-Anticipated 2017 Fake News Awards” and the list is sure to elicit strong reactions. While this approach to calling out fake news seems to be lighthearted by the very nature of an “awards” list, at the same time the list is a wake up call to a very serious problem with our mainstream media.
When the list went up this week on GOP.com, the server actually crashed due to all the traffic to the site. Huffington Post immediately went with the headline “Trump’s Fake News Awards Immediately Backfire, Take Down GOP Website.” So fake news about the fake news! Backfires? Hardly! The server crashed because of all of the interest people had in reading about it! But hey, Huffington Post had to find the negative spin! They continued to compare the crash of the site to the Obamacare site disaster when it rolled out, but neglected to say it had nothing to do with traffic to the site. Wasn’t there something like ONE enrollee on day one? Nice try though.
The GOP tweeted out “Tonight, http://gop.com saw more traffic than ever before. Even though the servers were scaled up, the interest was even greater than anticipated. Traffic is off the charts. Come back soon.” Today, the site seems to be working just fine.
I like that President Trump pokes fun at these fake news situations and I think that’s a good way for him to handle it, but I also feel like it may gloss over the bigger, more serious issue that the American people are being lied to, consistently, by the MSM. The truth is, many times the MSM corrections and retractions do nothing to undo the real damage done to the public by a lot of these stories.
But without further ado, here is the official list of Fake News Awards:
2017 was a year of unrelenting bias, unfair news coverage, and even downright fake news. Studies have shown that over 90% of the media’s coverage of President Trump is negative.
Below are the winners of the 2017 Fake News Awards. Most of these stories were either retracted or walked by by the news agencies that reported them.
1. The New York Times’ Paul Krugman claimed on the day of President Trump’s historic, landslide victory that the economy would never recover. (I don’t know about you, but didn’t the stock market break a record high 26,000 the other day?)
2. ABC News’ Brian Ross CHOKES and sends markets in a downward spiral with false report. (Yeah! Ross claimed false news about Michael Flynn – they had to later walk it back.) 3. CNN FALSELY reported that candidate Donald Trump and his son Donald J. Trump, Jr. had access to hacked documents from WikiLeaks. (They had to retract the story.) 4. TIME FALSELY reported that President Trump removed a bust of Martin Luther King, Jr. from the Oval Office. (Totally FALSE! Fake news! It was never removed!)
(via Fox News)
5. Washington Post FALSELY reported the President’s massive sold-out rally in Pensacola, Florida was empty. However, a dishonest reporter showed pictures of empty arena HOURS before crowd started pouring in.
6. CNN FALSELY edited a video to make it appear President Trump defiantly overfed fish during a visit with the Japanese Prime Minister. Japanese Prime Minister actually led the way with the feeding.
7. CNN FALSELY reported about Anthony Scaramucci’s meeting with a Russian, but retracted it due to a “significant breakdown in process.” 8. Newsweek FALSELY reported that Polish First Lady Agata Kornhauser-Duda did not shake President Trump’s hand. Again, just because they posted pictures after the event happened.
9. CNN FALSELY reported that former FBI Director James Comey would dispute President Trump’s claim that he was told he is not under investigation. (What a lie! He TOTALLY was under investigation!)
10. The New York Times FALSELY claimed on the front page that the Trump administration had hidden a climate report. (OMG! Seriously?!)
11. And last, but not least: “RUSSIA COLLUSION!” Russian collusion is perhaps the greatest hoax perpetrated on the American people. THERE IS NO COLLUSION! (unless you count the Uranium One deal and the pay-to-play Clinton speech and the funds that went to the Clinton Foundation for the entire SCAM!)
Well, now that collusion with Russia is proving to be a total hoax and the only collusion is with Hillary Clinton and the FBI/Russia, the Fake News Media (Mainstream) and this phony new book are hitting out at every new front imaginable. They should try winning an election. Sad!
While the media spent 90% of the time focused on negative coverage or fake news, the President has been getting results:
1. The economy has created nearly 2 million jobs and gained over $8 trillion in wealth since the President’s inauguration.
2. African Americans and Hispanics are enjoying the lowest unemployment rate in recorded history.
3. The President signed historic tax cuts and relief for hardworking Americans not seen since President Reagan.
4. President Trump’s plan to cut regulations has exceeded “2 out for every 1 in” mandate, issuing 22 deregulatory actions for every one new regulatory action.
5. The President has unleashed an American energy boom by ending Obama-era regulations, approving the Keystone pipeline, auctioning off millions of new acres for energy exploration, and opening up ANWR.
6. ISIS is in retreat, having been crushed in Iraq and Syria.
7. President Trump followed through on his promise to recognize Jerusalem as the capital of the State of Israel and instructed the State Department to begin to relocate the Embassy.
8. With President Trump’s encouragement, more member nations are paying their fair share for the common defense in the NATO alliance.
9. Signed the Veterans Accountability and Whistleblower Protection Act to allow senior officials in the VA to fire failing employees and establishes safeguards to protect whistleblowers.
10. President Trump kept his promise and appointed Associate Justice Neil Gorsuch to the U.S. Supreme Court.
I love that the GOP followed the list of fake news with the ten accomplishments, a great way to get that message out as well! Great tactic to take advantage of all of that traffic to the list!
Fake news is probably not going anywhere and I am glad such attention is being paid to the issue. As infuriating as it is to have a liberal MSM that is just out to take down our president, they simultaneously look like the total IDIOTS they are when Trump calls them out. The MSM really is the gift that keeps on giving, as long as we have a president that can turn it right back on them so effectively!