After a month of being suspended over sexual harassment allegations, Eric Bolling is OUT at Fox News! The announcement came late on Friday.
H/T The Hill:
Fox News host Eric Bolling is out at the network a month after being suspended over allegations that he sent female co-workers lewd messages.
“Fox News Channel is cancelling The Specialists, and Eric Bolling and Fox have agreed to part ways amicably,” the network said in a statement.
“We thank Eric for his ten years of service to our loyal viewers and wish him the best of luck.”
Bolling co-hosted the relatively new “The Specialists” and hosted the weekly Saturday program “Cashin’ In” since 2013.
Bolling was suspended following a report by the Huffington Post that at least two of his female colleagues at Fox Business and one at Fox News had received unsolicited photos of male genitalia from him.
The messages were reportedly sent years ago and on several different occasions. The Post called the images “deeply upsetting and offensive” to the women.
A spokesperson for Fox told The Hill on Aug. 5 that Bolling was being investigated by the Paul Weiss law firm. That’s the same firm that last year investigated former chairman and CEO Roger Ailes, who was ousted from the network just two days after the firm began investigating him over allegations of sexual harassment.
An attorney for Bolling, a former commodities trader, said after the Huffington Post story broke that he had no recollection of the messages and doesn’t believe he sent them.
“Mr. Bolling recalls no such inappropriate communications, does not believe he sent any such communications, and will vigorously pursue his legal remedies for any false and defamatory accusations that are made,” his attorney said.
Bolling filed a $50 million defamation suit against Yashar Ali, the reporter who originally broke the story.
The allegations against Bolling follow a tumultuous year for Fox News.
Top-rated host Bill O’Reilly was forced out of the network in April, less than one year after Ailes, when The New York Times reported that he paid $13 million to five different women who accused him of sexual harassment.
Overall, Fox has lost three-quarters of its primetime lineup since last September with the departures of O’Reilly, Megyn Kelly to NBC and Greta Van Susteren, who went to MSNBC in January but was cancelled after six months.
Bolling, a former commodities trader and best-selling author, had been a longtime co-host of “The Five,” and more recently helped launch a new late-afternoon show, “The Fox News Specialists.” He also anchors the Fox News program “Cashin’ In.” Fox News intends to keep Bolling’s co-hosts, Eboni Williams and Kat Timpf, as contributors. The show will be replaced at 5 p.m. Eastern with an hour of news coverage for the foreseeable future, with rotating anchors holding down the slot.
The allegations against Bolling were among the latest personnel issues to roil the network that broadcasts such popular shows as “Hannity” and “Fox & Friends.”
The parent company, 21st Century Fox, is working to acquire the rest of European broadcaster Sky PLC that it does not already own. Attorneys for several employees who have sued Fox News and activists have used the accusations to suggest British regulators not approve the proposed transaction, which remains under government review.
In addition, to the recent of Eric Bolling and his departure from Fox News on Friday, Charles Payne, a host on Fox Business Network was re-instated after being suspended following claims of harassment leveled at him.
So that’s THREE! First there was Roger Ailes, then came Bill O’Reilly, now Eric Bolling…who’s NEXT?