EXPLOSIVE! Comey: Trump Did NOT Obstruct Justice, but Loretta Lynch DID!
Former Attorney General Loretta Lynch pressured former FBI Director James Comey to downplay the Clinton email server investigation and only refer to it as a “matter,” Comey testified before the Senate Intelligence Committee on Thursday.
OOPS! Former Attorney General Loretta Lynch directly requested that the investigation into Hillary Clinton be ended. Comey also cited Lynch’s secret tarmac meeting with Bill Clinton as a reason he chose to hold the press conference, he said, as he was concerned about preserving the independence of the FBI.
He added: “And then the capper was – and I’m not picking on the Attorney General, Loretta Lynch, who I like very much – but her meeting with President Clinton on that airplane was the capper for me. And I then said, ‘You know what? The department cannot by itself credibly end this.’ The best chance we have as the justice system is doing something I never imagined before – step away from them and tell the American people, ‘Look, here’s what the FBI did, here’s what we found, here’s what we think,’ and that offered us the best chance of the American people believing in the system.”
Seems the tables have quickly turned.
Comey stated that when he asked Lynch if she was going to authorize him to confirm the existence of the Clinton email investigation, her answer was, “Yes but don’t call it that. Call it a ‘matter’.” When Comey asked why, he said, Lynch wouldn’t give him an explanation. “Just call it a matter,” she said.
Comey said that it made him very uncomfortable as it was NOT the truth.
“I don’t know whether it was intentional or not but it gave the impression that the Attorney General [Lynch] was looking to align the way we talked about our work with the way the political campaign was describing the same activity, which was inaccurate,” Comey added.
When asked by Texas Sen. John Cornyn if it would be fair to say Lynch had a “conflict of interest” in the Clinton email investigation, Comey answered in the affirmative. “That’s fair,” he said.
So, let’s give a short recap of the Comey testimony:
1) AG Loretta Lynch directly requested the investigation into Hillary Clinton be ended.
2) Donald Trump did not request any investigation be ended, he told Comey he hoped the investigation would soon be resolved.
3) Comey stated that Donald Trump has never been and is not under investigation for collusion with the Russian government, or any counter intelligence investigation.
4) Comey confirmed to a senator’s question asking if the reports by the New York Times and CNN were false regarding collusion between Russia and the Trump campaign, regarding Trump being under investigation, and regarding the Trump campaign having colluded with Russia to interfere in the election. Comey just stated as clearly as possible that the New York Times and CNN are pushing completely fake news supported by anonymous (read: made up) sources.
5) Donald Trump at no point told Comey he would lose his job if he did not end an investigation.
6) Comey intentionally leaked info to the press so that a special prosecutor would be appointed to remove political influence from both sides of the aisle from any ongoing investigation.
So, the Democrats, and their propaganda arm – CNN, NYT, WashPo, Buzzfeed, LA Times, Slate, HuffPo, MSNBC, ABC, etc. – quite literally pushed a conspiracy theory in order to undermine the incoming President of the United States, harbored and aided intelligence leakers like Reality Winner, and generally lied to the American public for six months with no evidence.
Welcome to America, the land of lying politicians and “journalists” more interested in keeping power for their side of the aisle than seeking truth.
And what about any news on Seth Rich? …crickets…