Revealed: ‘Ordinary ‘citizen’ John McCain dispatched a trusted aide across the Atlantic to get dirty dossier from ex-spy after former British diplomat told him about blackmail tapes.
It is absolutely unbelievable that a sitting Republican Senator would go to such extensive lengths to bring down the Republican President of the United States of America.
Senator McCain has crossed a serious line. This was not an accident. This was planned out. He set out on a pre-meditated path to get faulty information to use as a weapon against Soon to be President Donald Trump.
The Daily Online lays out the chain of events:
- The Guardian charted the path the dirty dossier made from a British intelligence professional to Sen. John McCain and then the FBI
- McCain, 80, put out a statement Wednesday saying that he was the bureau’s source of the controversial dossier
- The Arizona Republican found out about the dossier’s existence while at a meeting in Canada and dispatched an emissary to hunt it down
- He met an ex-British diplomat in Canada – now identified as Sir Andrew Wood -who in one version of events told him about the file
- Wood is a former associate of Tony Blair the ex-British prime minister, and admitted talking to McCain
- He issued a nuanced statement saying he did not give McCain the dossier and had ‘done nothing wrong’ – but he did not deny telling McCain the file existed
The Wall Street Journal identified the ex-spy as Christopher Steele. He and another ex-British diplomat, Christopher Burrows, run their own company, Orbis Business Intelligence.
This will make a movie, mark my word.
You can’t make this stuff up! This is 007 material. Scandal and House of Cards didn’t go as dirty as John McCain just played.
I have always said I admire his military service and that he became a crackpot Senator. He’s played DC like a fiddle, became rich, and totally failed to serve the Republican base.
He needs to retire. If not, he needs to be thrown out. This is beyond the pale, I don’t care what you think of President Donald Trump.
McCain has picked a fight with President Donald that he has no chance to win. Dummy!
Sign up to get alerts from Joe!