Now THIS is desperate and seriously disgusting. Addictions are strong and some people will do anything to satisfy their cravings, especially this man.
He was arrested on suspicion of burglary then they tacked, even more, crimes onto his rap sheet when they found the human brain. He admitted to naming the head Freddy and keeping it under his friends porch in the local trailer park. Occasionally they’d dip into the skull with their marijuana and then smoke it. Something had been worrying the police when they found the head so they did a little investigating.
Police say the brain was almost certainly stolen, but worryingly they don’t know where it came from and they’re now appealing to find the owners.
State trooper Bob Hicks told WPMT: ‘At this point now, we’re just trying to figure out where it came from.
‘We’re hoping that if anyone feels like they’re missing a human specimen brain, bring it to our attention and maybe we could return it to its rightful owner.’
Officers say the bag was discovered by Long’s aunt while he was in jail on a burglary charge, and she called to ask if he knew about it.
When he admitted the brain belonged to him she called police, who came round and retrieved it.
A police spokesman said: ‘The defendant related that he knew it was illegal to have the brain and that he and (another man) would spray the embalming fluid on “weed” to get high.’
The coroners who examined the brain believe it was most likely a stolen teaching specimen, according to the arrest affidavit.
As well as facing the burglary rap, Long has subsequently been charged with abuse of a corpse and conspiracy, which carries a maximum sentence of two years in jail.
The Drug Enforcement Administration reports that cigarettes and marijuana soaked in embalming fluid or PCP is a growing trend as it causes the substances to burn slower, giving a longer high.
I had no idea anyone would crave embalming fluid or that you could get high from it! Apparently, the fluid is a mixture of formaldehyde and methanol, the active ingredient in alcohol, which can cause hallucinations when smoked.