50 Seconds: President Obama Finds Time in Busy Schedule to Mention Brussels Attacks
President Barack Obama had a very tight schedule in Cuba last week, what with paying homage to Che and going to a baseball game.
When he was told about Brussels he thought they were talking about the sprouts. But he’s got a top notch staff and they set him straight on that.
Someone even wrote a little speech for him. Good thing he has speech writers that know what’s going on in the world, right?
Wasn’t that nice? A whole 50 seconds and he didn’t say the word “Islam” or “Muslim.” Good job Mr. President. I wonder if he thinks the people in Brussels speak “Sprout“?
Democrats will, of course, say something stupid like, “What’s he supposed to do? Declare war? He’s not George Bush!” Well, here’s some suggestions.
- “We are at war.” (French Prime Minister Manuel Valls)
- “DHS will not hesitate to adjust our security posture, as appropriate, to protect the American people.” (U.S. Department of Homeland Security)
- “We will do what we can to help them fight this scourge, and redouble our efforts to make sure it does not happen here.” (Ted Cruz, as part of remarks which included an ill-conceived suggestion that law enforcement should “patrol and secure Muslim neighborhoods” in the United States.)
- “Today’s attack is a brutal reminder that the international community must come together to destroy ISIS. This type of barbarism cannot be allowed to continue.” (Bernie Sanders!)
- “We must also redouble our efforts with our allies to identify, root out and destroy the perpetrators of such acts of evil.” (John Kasich)
Mr. President, when you get upstaged by John Kasich and Bernie Sanders you’re in trouble. The two of them are the rough equivalent (smooth equivalent) of an Obama female infantry soldier. Soft, weak, no balls, and can’t be counted on by comrades.
And as far as the inevitable comparisons with GWB, remember Democrats screeching about Bush finishing reading a story to some kindergartners? How about this?
“There’s a real urgency about it, and he has got to convey that, not just to the American people but to the world.”
Mr. Brokaw, Islamic terrorism just isn’t an urgent matter with this President. Maybe with the next one, as long as it’s not Hillary.
Oh, and note, they didn’t ask him to throw out the first pitch.
What a punk.