Obviously Junior High Princess Barack Obama and his MeanGirl™ coterie are feeling butthurt because they failed to intimidate Benjamin Netanyahu out of an upcoming speech to Congress.
Last week, House Speaker John Boehner extended an invitation for the Israeli Prime Minister to speak to a joint session of Congress on March 3, which Netanyahu quickly accepted.
All this came on the heels of Obama’s recent moves to relax decades of pressure on Iran to halt their development of nuclear weapons, in exchange for…essentially nothing.
While the administration claimed that the agreement does not count officially as a treaty, and therefore doesn’t require congressional approval, Congressional leaders disagreed vehemently.
Boehner’s move was correctly perceived as a direct rebuttal.
First, the MeanGirl Petty Snarking
For a group that makes a living off dishing out petty snubs (the Churchill bust, sending the Dalai Lama out the trash exit, making Netanyahu wait while Obama ate supper, the list could go forever), they sure don’t know how to take one.
Almost immediately upon Boehner’s invite to Netanyahu, the whines, cheap shots, and threats began oozing out of the Obama MeanGirl™ crew: by way of MeanGirl™ Twitter operations; statements by MeanGirl™ Press Secretary Josh Earnest; and by Democrat Media Organizations and honorary MeanGirl™ members like The Hill, Politico, NewsWeek, and Washington Post.
- Well, we’re not really mad, because we’re above such petty things, but…
- It is a major breach of protocol for the Legislative branch to invite a foreign head of state to speak before the legislature without clearing it with or informing the Executive branch first. (huh?)
- And by the way, did we mention that Netanyahu is up for re-election and he’s not looking that good so this is clearly a desperate move to gain popularity back home.
Then, going MeanGirl nuclear: the dreaded BF
I suppose they expected Boehner or Netanyahu to just apologize for being such unenlightened cretins and back off. This usually works on Boehner, so you can’t exactly fault the Democrats for trying I suppose. When that didn’t happen, the MeanGirls™ put aside the small arms fire and went directly to the BF.
You know what a BF is, right?
So they’re going all BF on Netanyahu.
- An unnamed “senior administration official” an Israeli newspaper; “He spat in our face publicly, and that’s no way to behave.”
- Further in same quote, the threat is made: “Netanyahu ought to remember that President Obama has a year and a half left to his presidency, and that there will be a price.”
- And the coup de grace: White House officials have announced that Obama will not be meeting with Netanyahu while he is here. The stated reason is – get this – Obama has “a long-standing practice of not meeting government leaders close to elections”.
That’ll teach him not to mess with the MeanGirls™.