To continue the truth about Obamacare and its consequences:
14) Many more older, poorer and sicker Americans have enrolled than the young and healthy ones needed to sustain the system.
15) One sentence in the ACA declares that enrollees should have no expectation that their personal information will remain secure, while professional hackers have declared that the government enrollment website is a hacker’s dream.
17) Obamacare transfers over 1/6 of America’s economy to the federal government while providing thousands of government jobs, costing American taxpayers billion of dollars as they pay for the cost of the employees, their office spaces, their union salaries, their 10 government holidays, their health care, their bonuses and their pensions.
18) In the person of the Secretary of Health and Human Services, any regulation dreamed up by her or anyone who has her ear can be written into the law.
19) A panel of Presidential appointees, the Independent Payments Advisory Board, will determine which care will be covered by the ACA. For instance, as Obama actually said, a time will come when no matter the health and vigor of an old person, “Maybe you’re better off not having the surgery, but taking the pain killer..”
20) Insurance companies which do support Obamacare do so because Obama promised to give him our money to bail them out if they fail to make a profit.
21) Rural hospitals and those for whom up to 89% of their patients are those on Medicare, Medicaid and indigent care are running large deficits which cannot be sustained. Combined cuts to one state’s hospitals alone, imposed by Obamacare, the Budget Control Act of 2011 and the American Taxpayer Relief Act went from $80 million in 2013 to a projected $500 million by 2016. Manyrural hospitals have closed, with more to come, forcing patients to have to go to a distant city for care.
21) It has been noted that Obamacare has actually increased the number of patients who use the Emergency Room as their first appointment. The very high deductibles of Obamacare force many to forgo regular appointments and force them to deny follow-up procedures. The result is that sicker patients are now seeking care in the ER. The middle class are delaying their care more than are the poor who are paid for by us taxpayers.
22) FINALLY – the Obamacare website has cost us $5 Billion dollars and counting, according to Yahoo Finance.
Perhaps it would have been better to provide health care instead of health insurance. This was always about control, as stated by several Senators including Harry Reid, who admitted it was the first step on the road to government healthcare – a Single Payer system. This is the reason the Democrats worked so hard to pass Obamacare even when they now admit it was the wrong law to have passed.
It was the plan all along to put all of us on Obamacare in a hurry so that it could not be undone. People WILL lose their benefits, rationed care will come in some form because it will have to, and our country will be the worse for it.
An email making the rounds sums up the more than 10,000 pages of Obamcare in four sentences:
1. In order to insure the uninsured, we first have to uninsure the insured.
2. Next, we require the newly uninsured to be re-insured.
3. To re-insure the newly uninsured, they are required to pay extra charges to be re-insured.
4. The extra charges are required so that the original insured, who became uninsured, and then became re-insured, can pay enough extra so that the original uninsured can be insured, which will be free of
charge to them.