Many problems exist with Obamacare. Here are some of the intended and unintended consequences of the law:
1) Obamacare was passed with not one Republican vote, while Social Security and Medicare enjoyed bipartisan support as well as broad appeal among Americans. Senator Chuck Schumer is now saying it was the wrong thing to do at the time. He said, “It has been reported that only a third of the uninsured are even registered to vote…it made no political sense.” So for him it was all about votes, yet he did vote for Obamacare.
2) The Supreme Court has decided to judge Obamacare once again. The ACA clearly says that federal subsidies can only be offered in health care exchanges run by states. Since only one third of states set up a state health exchange, the people in those states cannot receive a federal subsidy. Employers are now charged a fine when employees don’t offer insurance, and American citizens are fined when they don’t buy insurance. This is all in jeopardy.
3) Obamacare really is not working well, as our President’s actions demonstrate. He delayed many actions until the last election was over to hide thet facts and he made at least 27 changes to the bill he signed into law, seeking no support from Congress;
4) Some say there is a drop of 10 million from the list of the uninsured. What we know is that there will be 30 million Americans who will lose their insurance by the end of 2014. Twice as many people will lose their insurance as those who gain it, not something to be touted.
5) Some insurance companies are going out of business because of the costs.
6) Many of those who have signed up for Obamacare already had insurance they liked, before those policies were dropped – forcing them onto the exchanges.
7) Obamacare premiums and deductibles were hidden from those signing up – until after this election.
8) According to Forbes Magazine, individual private insurance premiums will likely rise by 97% for men and 63% for women.
9) Costs to businesses are so high that many are dropping insurance and just paying the “fine” for their employees. Other companies are putting many more into part time jobs, pushing them onto Obamacare.
10) Unlike what the President repeatedly promised, the cost of insurance did not go down by $2500 per year. It has been proven that he knew he was lying to us.
12) Doctors are retiring early, warning their children not to study medicine. Medical Schools will have to accept as students those with lower performance levels in college.
13) Insurance companies are dropping some doctors and hospitals from their plans as being too expensive. So much for keeping your own doctor – or hospital!