The St. Louis County Prosecutor, Robert McCulloch, opened the floor to questions last night after his statement about the grand jury’s decision not to indict Darren Wilson in the self defense killing of Michael Brown. Here’s the most interesting, to us anyway, question of the night.
“What kind of message does it send to the community who say they’ve had numerous members of their community, young, predominately black males killed by police with impunity…”
McCulloch’s answer was good, but since this question came right on the heels of his description of events, we would have preferred a more to-the-point answer. Specifically, Muculloch cited the following:
- Wilson knew there had been a robbery and had a description of the perp;
- He spotted Brown and his companion walking in the middle of the street and they fit the general description of the perp;
- He called for backup;
- He rolled up next to Brown in his police car, identified the cap and yellow socks the perp was wearing and told the two men to move to the sidewalk;
- Brown came over to the car, refused to comply with Wilson’s order and a scuffle ensued;
- Brown reached inside the car and tried to take Wilson’s gun, Wilson fired two shots and one apparently hit Brown on the finger;
- Brown punched Wilson and ran;
- Wilson gave chase;
- Brown stopped running, turned around and charged Wilson who fired several rounds at Brown;
- Brown stopped, Wilson stopped firing;
- Brown put his head down and charged Wilson, Wilson fired several more shots, finally killing Brown.
That chain of events was witnessed by and testified to by several black witnesses. It is supported by the audio tape of the shooting. This was clearly a case of self defense by Wilson who being attacked by a man about six inches taller and 100 pounds heavier than himself.
The reporter, agenda in hand, asks the prosecutor about “…black males killed by police with impunity…”
Listen up jackass, there was no “impunity” in this shooting. Had it been a white, or brown, or yellow, kid you’d never have heard about it. Case in point, Dillon Taylor, a white 20 year old young man who refused a police order and was eventually shot. Happened in Salt Lake City, and the shooter was a black cop. You probably missed the stories about the white folk in SLC rioting and burning down the Mormon Temple, didn’t you? Oh, right. You didn’t miss it because it didn’t happen.
We don’t know why Taylor was shot, and we’re not going to bother to look it up because local authorities determined there was crime committed by the black officer. It didn’t even go to a grand jury.
The media has an agenda, that’s why they keep referring to Michael Brown as an 18 year old unarmed kid. He was 18, that makes him legally an adult. He was 6’4″ and almost 300 pounds and that makes him a deadly weapon if he’s attacking you.
In addition, the media whipped this mess to a frenzy – helped by the Oval Office and Eric Holder – to make sure the nation had something other than Barack Obama’s incompetence and failures to focus on prior to the election, plus race wars make for big viewer numbers.
Unfortunately, this mess is far from over. President Post-Racial will make sure of that, hell, the investigation into Trayvon Martin’s death – again self defense – is still open.
Sign up to get alerts from Joe!