Once upon a time, in a country of good and hardworking people, everyone felt a kinship with Uncle Sam who represented a supportive, benevolent, and trustworthy government. No matter what the circumstances, We-the-People knew we could count on Uncle Sam who honored the Constitution, and always represented our best interests.
In those not-so-long ago days, America’s brave warriors had fought against tyranny and for freedom in Europe and Asia. We prospered with manageable taxes, smallish government, and opportunities galore to launch and expand business. Jobs and career opportunities were plentiful. Parents socked dollars away for retirement and college funds for their children. American students BDE (Before the Department of Education) consistently placed #1 in worldwide rankings of academic achievement.
We-the-People continued to trust Uncle Sam to protect our best interests and make correct decisions about when and where to send our brave warriors to help other countries fight for freedom on their soil.
Does this sound like never-never land? It wasn’t. These were the “good old days,” before progressive liberals came into power.
This was America at a time when it seemed our best days stretched out into the future, toward an endless horizon of possibilities. Safe, secure and comfortable, We-the-People shifted into snooze control. Zzzzzzz.
We failed to notice how our values, formerly shared with Uncle Sam, no longer were quite so shared.
We failed to notice the gradual erosion of adherence to our Constitution, Bill of Rights, and the Rule of Law.
We failed to notice destructive actions being taken by our elected representatives who:
- Tossed aside campaign promises and supported policies that enhanced their personal wealth but diminished it for everybody else.
- Broke into grandma and grandpa’s piggy banks and stole Social Security and Medicare dollars to redistribute to “favored” supporters.
- Shifted allegiance to new “best” friends (special interest groups) who supported re-election campaigns to keep their bought-and-paid-for representatives in positions of power for happily ever after.
- Turned our government into an uncontrolled debt machine.
- Passed legislation that chip-chip-chipped away at our Judeo/Christian traditions.
- Promoted involvement in foreign wars with no clear cut objective or end plan that squandered blood and treasure, and resulted in defeat and retreat.
- Supported intervention of teachers’ unions and federal regulations that dumbed down our education system and trapped America’s children in government-controlled “flunk factories.”
How could this have happened?
While We-the-People were snoozing, Uncle Sam was shoved over a cliff and replaced by his evil twin, Uncle Scam, the poster child for something gone terribly wrong in America. He and his cohorts represent the most powerful, ruthless, and corrupt political machine seen in our recent history. Their goal? The fundamental transformation of our country, by hook or by crook (mostly the later).
Those who comprise Uncle Scam’s corrupt core occupy our White House and include Chicago socialist liberals, left-wing, current-and-former congress people, community organizers, Ivy League endowment babies, heads of powerful commissions and congressional committees, bureau chiefs, lobbyists, advisors, bankers, socialists, labor union thugs, and a communist or two: all of whom hate unlimited freedom for anyone but themselves.
Their agenda involves control over everything from freedom of speech to education to healthcare. They rub their greedy hands together in glee with “Mawwaaaahahaha” (evil laugh), as they snatch power and become more entrenched as the “political elites.”
You gotta’ hand it to Uncle Scam. His minions have been quite successful in achievement of fundamental transformation of our country. But just you wait, you ain’t seen nothing yet!
The final blow to freedom is on it’s way, unless . . . continue reading this fable on TheBlaze.
* * *
Additional fables are posted on Molli’s blog, www.grannyguerrillas.com.
You’ll enjoy the story about Prince Hope-n-change and his ascension to the throne.
Molli tweets @grannyguerrilla.