Sicko teacher costing school district millions of dollars

LOS ANGELES – The actions of one elementary school teacher have cost the Los Angeles public school district $27 million in legal settlements.
school districtAnd the district hasn’t even settled half of the lawsuits that were filed in response to one of the most outrageous cases of student sexual abuse in U.S. history.

There were 191 lawsuits filed in the case of Mark Berndt, a former Miramonte Elementary teacher, who alleged committed sexually lewd acts involving many young students, most of them female.

Berndt is facing allegations that he put young students in bondage and then photographed them with semen-filled spoons held at their mouths and 3-inch cockroaches crawling across their faces, reports CNN. He has pleaded not guilty and currently awaits trial.

He was reportedly discovered when he brought photos of the children being abused to a drugstore to be developed.

The $27 million in settlements have only covered 58 of the 191 lawsuits that were prompted by the case. This comes out to approximately $470,000 per lawsuit thus far.

There were 23 alleged victims between the ages of 7 and 10 and all but two of them were girls, reports the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office.

The news story reports that the plaintiffs’ attorneys couldn’t say for certain whether any of the 23 alleged victims in the criminal case are among the 58  who have  received  civil settlements.

Berndt is currently being held on $23 million bail, one million for each of the children he allegedly tied up or fed cockroaches or semen, reports TruTv.

He faces 23 felony counts of lewd acts on a child.

By Trevor TenBrink at EAGnews.org

1. Phillipe Violette says

Do they have the death penalty in Cal?

2. Henry Strzelecki says

Yes, and look at how much the lawyers make on this sweet sicko deal…

3. tye says

Did anyone notice that he got caught because he was getting his FILM developed at a drugstore.
    When was the last time anyone has had film developed?
    This story is very old or something is missing.

4. fort9erdon says

And his union defends him.

Kalifornacate deserves to pay ,unfortunately the victims didn’t . When your state leaders allows your state to morph into a Sodom or Gomorrah this is all to be expected . Of course your great President is currently doing it throughout the entire nation . Thank all you liberal progressive azzholes out there .

6. Millard Fillmore says

He is typical democrat voter: liberal teacher.

7. chickief says

Why is the school district defending him?

1. Millard Fillmore says

Probably are per union contract!

School & Teacher Unions are suppressing due to bad PR in press already!!

2. SUSAN B MAZIARZ says

They may NOT be defending him. The Law suites are most likely AGAINST the School district itself for perhaps having previous opportunity to fire this guy and didn’t. Now it is their responsibility to pay for damages that could have been prevented. Schools DO NOT defend or pay to defend a person with these types of charges. The Perp is responsible to take care of his own pile of sh__.

8. Sandra Hite says

A pedofile never stops. After jail they will do it again. I SAY GIVE THEM THE CHAIR. Or let the parents get their revenue.

1. Jimmie Gail Davis says

Yes,I say lock the sexual abuser in a room with the parents who all have a ball bat!!

2. SUSAN B MAZIARZ says

Pedophiles indeed DO NOT STOP! It is a permanent and escalating sickness of the mind!

9. CarlaMcDonald says

What Mark said, and cris.

10. Teresa says

Where did he do this at? Did he do it at school? Or did he have access to them out of school. The article does not say.

11. Kay Houser says

Hang this slimeball from the highest tree,these sicko’s are all through schools..

12. mikesbuffalo says

after the waste of money trail hang him by his balls . this is true scum.

13. M.J. Nellett says

He should be stripped naked and hanged from the tallest lamppost or tree. These are the kind of people we entrust our children with everyday?

1. Bobbalu says

With, apparently , no background checks. you KNOW this isn’t the first time this scum has done this!!!!!!

14. Graywolf12 says

Looks like a death penalty case to me. Will the federal government send defense lawyers to protect him since he is in a protected group.

15. monacall says

if this guy did this to my child there would be no trial…..

1. Jimmie Gail Davis says

Yes,they’d put me in the electric chair though,if it was still used.For getting rid of this devil,should be thanked!!

1. Schell says

You got that right! The criminals have more rights than the victims. The parents of those children are just as much victims as the poor souls he committed these acts against!
        There is evidence in pictures! That is your trial right there!!!

16. dad666 says

Not only is he a blatent Pedophile he is dumber than a box of rocks.

You have the pictures, there is no doubt of his guilt, just kill him and stop wasting money and time …. the purpose of a “trial” is to ascertain innocence or guilt.

1. Bobbalu says

VERY VERY VERY WELL SAID !!!!!!!!!!

18. Jackson Everage says

Kill him slowly. cut his ass up into little squares and make him eat them. He deserves a brutal death. A bullet is to quck.

19. raccman says

Surely there’s a dumb black dude around to kill him !

20. Jay Star says

Leaves me speechless and thats hard to do! Plain EVIL!

21. Carol Messer Craddock says

Hang the worthless slime ball!!

22. laboop says

The world gets sicker and sicker! God help us.

23. Velma Saccone says

He should be hanged now.

24. flippy says

Take a thin hollow glass tube, gram it up his dick & then bust it i into a million pieces!!! Then lots of water to drink !!

25. Dean Ames says

the simple solution to this problem is to stop hiring LIBTARD TEACHERS

26. Timewarped says

We area all going to die sooner or later … some people need to die immediately and he sure seems like one of those

27. Mark Holcomb says

This is why pedophiles should be machine-gunned dead.

1. nick says

In the public square no less…for all to see….This would put an end to the evil

2. SupportMcCarthyism says

Pedophiles will never be put to death in this country as long as they support liberalism. Because only a liberal would be a pedophile.

1. Ben says

Ted Nugent would be pissed off you called him a liberal. (He has a history of bragging about being a pedophile, so he apparently isn’t as offended being labeled a pedophile….) So, basically you’re full of sh*t. This guy is openly given two thumbs up by most conservatives. So they are giving their approval to a KNOWN admitted serial pedophile. Makes me want to vomit. So are you one of ‘Uncle Ted’s supporters, or do you really despise pedophiles like I do. (BTW, I’m pretty liberal, and from the looks of it, I hate pedophiles far more than most conservatives do…) What gives? Is this creep going to keep getting booked by the NRA and Fox News, or is he going to get what he DESERVES. (It wouldn’t be legal, and he wouldn’t want to live through it. It will remain a fantasy in my head, as I’m not willing to go to prison for anything related to him…)

Here’s the lyrics to ‘Jailbait’, by Ted Nugent (be your own judge).

.I´ve got no inhibitions
        So keep your keys out of your ignition
        I steal a car like I got the curse
        I can´t resist the old lady’s purse

Jailbait you look so good to me
        Jailbait won´t you set me free
        Jailbait you look fine fine fine
        I know I´ve got to have you in a matter of time

Well I don´t care if you´re just THIRTEEN
        You look too good to be true
        I just know that you´re probably clean
        There´s one lil’ thing I got do to you

Jailbait you look so good to me
        Jailbait won´t you set me free
        Jailbait you look fine fine fine
        I know I´ve got to have you in a matter of time

So tell your mama that I´m back in town
        She likes us boys when it´s time to get down
        She´s got this craving for the UNDERAGE
        I just might be your mama’s brand new rage

Jailbait you look so good to me
        Jailbait won´t you set me free
        Jailbait you look fine fine fine
        I know I got to have you in a matter of time

Honey you you you look so nice
        She´s young she´s tender
        Won´t you please surrender
        She’s so fine she´s mine
        All the time, all mine mine
        It´s all right baby
        It´s quite all right I asked your mama
        Wait a minute officer
        Don´t put those handcuffs on me
        Put them on her and I´ll share her with you

Jailbait, jailbait

1. SupportMcCarthyism says

First, give me a link on YouTube or an article where he was quoted saying such. Second, I don’t listen to Ted Nugent’s music to know what he “sings”. other than for one or two songs he use to sing during the 1960’s. IF he is a pedophile, this is news to me. Just because he’s a memeber of the NRA doesn’t mean I listen to him. That said, I am not a member of the NRA because they have giving money to Harry Reid. However, I stand by what I stated, only a liberal would be a pedophile. Remember, liberal Barney Frank supported the “Pedofile Protection Act” that didn’t pass. Other than that, if you support the homosexual movement, you support NAMBLA. So don’t hand me your crap.