Democrats – being your Party’s Labor Day booty call

Happy Labor Day
Happy Labor Day, Democrats, Leftists, and suckers! Enjoy that day off. I know I will. Sleeping late, grilling, or (in my case) working on long-neglected home improvement projects. And celebrate ‘Labor’, by not doing any labor (except for those home improvement projects).

Did you ever think about what Labor Day is about? If you are union, or a businessperson or worker of any kind in a forced-union (non right-to-work) state, you certainly have. If you’ve never been directly touched by unions, you may not have. Just think of it as the political counterweight to Independence Day.

Counterweight to Independence Day
On Independence Day, America celebrates telling tyrants to shove off. We celebrate our God-given rights to life, liberty, property, and the pursuit of happiness. We celebrate consent of the governed, representative governance, and simple law and order. [sidebar: I am told many Americans of slave descent emphatically do *not* celebrate “white” Independence Day. So be it. Never mind that most of those “white” Americans fought like hell to make slave emancipation part of the deal, but could not move the last 3 colonies to join the Revolution under that condition. Never mind those 350,000 “white” men of the North who died from 1861-1865 liberating the slaves.]

Today on Labor Day, America celebrates government-sponsored coercion of businesses and workers. We celebrate the government-enforced ability of unions to tell businesses how to operate and who they can hire. We celebrate closed shops, where you cannot work in many trades and many companies without being forced to join unions and have a portion of your wages confiscated to fund bribery, election-rigging, and lining the pockets of union bosses. We celebrate organized crime, thuggery, theft, graft, political machines, and trapping entire states into a lesser life with fewer resources and choices.

Do you feel loved?
Just so you know, dear Democrat voter, you’re the Democrat Party booty call. Tell me if this sounds familiar:
dallas_skyline

• They tell you that nobody cares for you like they care for you. Those other guys don’t respect you, don’t feel your pain (when I beat you), they just want something from you. Unlike me. Because I make these booty calls for *you*, actually.
  • They throw you some personal benefits.
  • They promise you the stars. Hope! Change! And transparency will be the touchstone of this administration!
  • They use flowery words to get you to love them so you’ll do what they want.

And what do you get for all this love and devotion you give them?
Detroit Area Economy Worsens As Big Three Automakers Face Dire Crisis

• Instead of a better economy with more jobs, they give you SNAP, welfare, extended unemployment benefits, disability, and other ways of living a less dignified life while the Democrat Party enjoys that you now depend on them. Once your job skills have fallen behind thanks to lengthy unemployment, it is natural to feel less of yourself, that you can no longer choose to escape the velvet chains of Mother Democrat. And the Democrats know you’ll never vote Republican because you feel you’ll be unable to fend for yourself without that government help.
  • They say they’ll protect you by taking away your guns. You have noticed by now (haven’t you?) that all the cities and areas of town where violent crime is rampant, the criminals have plenty of guns and the citizens do not. Do you believe the Democrats really *care* about you? Do you?
  • They love to talk about “choice” when it comes to abortion. They are much less interested in “choice” when it comes to school choice. The Democrat Party violently fights against the ability of families to liberate their children from poor educations offered by government-run schools. Do you know why? You get a prize if you do. The Democrats do it to protect teacher unions and their monopoly on teaching. Why? Because Democrats get a large part of their donations from teacher and other government unions.(remember that whole thing I mentioned about union dues being used for politics).
  • So work the math out: your children are trapped in bad schools to get no education, thereby allowing no good careers, no escape from poverty. The Democrat Party does it to you because it gets millions in political donations from teacher unions. Feeling loved yet?
  • They shower union workers with promises of higher wages and higher pensions – which they deliver if they don’t bankrupt the company (or state) that you work for. When the company falls on hard times, they lay you off. See Detroit. When you join a union, you no longer work for the company that pays you. You no longer work for yourself. You work for the union. Your loyalty is, and must be, to the union. The Democrats will accept no less.
  • The Democrat Party (which LOVES you!) uses the imagined threat of Global Warming to shut down or over-regulate entire energy industries and raise dramatically the cost of producing energy, causing the prices of everything to go up. Not just your electric bill. Oh no. Your groceries cost more because their growth and transport cost more. Ditto for your costs in clothes, in supplies, in furniture, in the cost of your homes. Everything. All for the imagined, invented junk-science notion of Global Warming. But the Democrat Party says it loves you. For the more prosperous Democrat voting reader, this silliness means you’re made to feel guilty for simply choosing to live how you want to live, to drive whatever gas-guzzling car you want to.
  • Let’s not forget minimum wage. This is another one the Democrat Party does because it sounds very compassionate. They do know that it is in fact quite the opposite of compassionate. Research (and common sense) reliably show that increasing the minimum wage also increases unemployment – particularly of the young and minority workers just starting out, trying to get job experience. It’s simple. The restaurant (or whatever), when forced to increase the bottom wage, must either charge more for food or services, losing business, or cut down on the number of unskilled workers. They’re not making ballizions of dollars, they are for the most part scraping by in a crappy economy just like the rest of us. Thanks again, Democrat Party. I sure do love all this LOVE.

Just remember, your Party LOVES you! It tells you everything you should do and controls your life because it LOVES you! And there should be more!!!! exclamation !!! points!!!! because we LOVE you!!! And those Republicans, and BUSH!!!!!! they want to take stuff away from you, like the right to abort babies and, you know, gay “marriage”.

Booty call!!!! Booty booty booty!
Really, just ask yourself, while you have delivered your unswerving devotion to the Democrat Party, what has the Democrat party *really* ever done for you? Great economy with lots of jobs? Proud standing in the world? A future that looks bright? Oh but hey, you got your gay “marriage”. You got on-demand abortion even for teens with no parental knowledge.

And for Pete’s sake, what have unions done for you? Has it made you more free? Has it allowed you to prosper under terms of your choosing? Do they keep their promises, or don’t they really just keep complaining and blaming those evil Republicans? Most of all, do you even for a second believe what they tell you? Ever? Well, actually a great many of you do believe them because you keep voting for them, and keep hating conservatives.

So on Labor Day, while you Democrat voters are celebrating how you “service” the Democrat Party, I will enjoy my relative freedom and prosperity in a Right To Work state. And I will enjoy like heck watching events unfold in Wisconsin, ever since the heavy burden of the Democrat Party and unions was lifted. Prosperity. Cities with balanced budgets. Schools with more money. Employees with choices, abandoning unions like the Titanic. Mmmmm, it’s like a state wrapped in bacon.

Happy trails!

1. marcus J says

The Modern National Democrats are Utopian Secular Socialists ,Arrogant Angry Control Freaks Lacking any Ethical or Moral Boundaries , Liberalism – Parasites and Moochers Electing Thieves and Looters to Steal from Workers and Producers =Communism , A Politician is the lowest form of life on Earth ,A Liberal Democrat is the Lowest Form of Politician , George S.Patton Hello & Greetings from Arizona a Right to Work State to the NSA and DHS

2. anarchyst says

All “right-to-work” legislation does is to nullify one “itty-bitty” clause present in union contracts–the “union security” clause, which mandates forced union membership as a “condition of employment”. All other aspects of “collective bargaining” remain in place.
    Right-to-work legislation gives workers clout against ineffective union performance.

3. Cam says

Although making the most of one’s abilities may sometimes be frowned upon, it is the greatest contribution one can make to a free country.

4. Lorry Knoblach Guffey says

I liked it til the comment about the wonderful men of the north fighting to “free the slaves.” You might wanna go back and study some unbiased history. THAT war was about state’s rights to succeed because they did not feel as tho they were even remotely represented in the US government. That President was alot like our current POTUS, circumventing constitutional laws to get his own way. To simplify the war between the states and reduce it to an issue of “freeing the slaves” is being blind to reality. And those who don’t learn from the past are destined to repeat it.

1. Beaglescout says

Quibble. The northern states would never have agreed to go to war against the seceding states over ending slavery, but they did in order to keep their resources, markets and routes in the South. On the other hand, the South never would have seceded except over slavery. Lincoln’s Republican party was founded as an abolitionist party after the Whigs collapsed out of losing their mojo and not really standing for anything. So slavery was definitely in the picture, even if it wasn’t the official reason for the war between the states. And it wasn’t the proximate cause, which was the North firing on Fort Sumter. But slavery was the lurking wickedness that made the war necessary, all claims of Confederate apologists aside.

2. DominariNolo says

Thanks, Lorry. I’m well aware of unbiased history. The Civil War was about both slavery and states rights. The South in 1861 was very, very interested in playing the states’ rights card. Wanna guess why? Yeah, because of slavery. States rights, then and now, are a card of last resort.

3. anarchyst says

That’s “secede”–NOT “succeed” . . .

5. hangman57 says

Unions are the real Terrorist in America ,Tea Party Member are the Patriots . We are trying to preserve our Constitution and the Unions are trying to destroy it .

6. hangman57 says

From 1861 – 1865 we had 350,000 White Americans killed to free Black Slaves from working for their Masters for free. Which means now you have the chance to work and be paid . You don’t have to work for anyone you could work for yourself if you want. But do something with your lives ,since my ancestors paid that price for you . Don’t listen to Al Sharpton and have him hold you back into Government Housing Projects ,Don’t let Al Sharpton be your new Master . You are free so take advantage of it.

7. bobby says

Joe the Plumber, were you not in a union, I thought all plumber were in unions, that is why they make the big bucks, that is why they have a great retirement, great health insurance, 401k and the list goes on, take the union away and what do you have, maybe $10.00 an hour, no health insurance, no retirement, no 401K, no over time pay, no holiday pay, in other words Joe, you are on your own, I can’t believe you are advocating doing away with unions when you use to belong to one or did you, maybe a plumber helper was not require to join. You should try something new, think before you speak.

1. Kent2012 says

why should any organization’s members get any special dispensation or funding to still have benefits ? why should non union business’ employee’s taxes support union member’s subsidies ?? It should be all or nothing, my preference is for the status quo where the market in Real America provides services and products instead of this rush to communism headed up by the african pretender…..

1. bobby says

Obama is the African Pretender, will you guys make up your minds, I always thought you were trying to pass him off as the real Afican. I was just trying to show that your leader, Joe the Plumber, belong to a union, maybe, now he is speaking out against them, I am real glad he is your leader and not mine.

1. DominariNolo says

If you don;t mind me saying, I’m glad Joe is my leader and not yours too. And I don’t much care what race Obama is. He’s an imperialist wanna-be tin-pot dictator. Which he would also be if he was white, Chinese, Mexican, Brazilian, or Indian. Why does that matter to you?

1. bobby says

I am glad Joe is your leader, I can sleep nights knowing he is not one of us, I understand your name is on this article so I assume you wrote the article but next time you might do some research. I have never been in a union so I have to relied on people who have to give me the facts. Unions have been responsible for workers making a decent living, even if you are not in a union companies have to pay competitive wages to get and keep good workers. As unions disapear across this nation you will see most of your benefits and some of your take home pay go too, unions today have very little influence and many are already gone. Most of the ones left are company unions. That is one of the main reasons most of our manf are being done off shore. Here in Florida we have the Right to Work rule of law, what that really means is The Right to Fire, right to take away health insurance, holliday pay, overtime pay, no safety regulations, no vacations and whatever else your employer deem necessary to put more money in his pocket. I don’t care how well you do your job, your employer can fire you because he don’t like your looks or maybe he has a relative needing a job, your job. I don’t approve of the unions protecting a bad emplyee but the employer has 90 days to know what a person is made of and even after 90 days with three warnings they can be gone. By the way, I was raised in Wisconsin, went to school there, graduated from Adams-Friendship High School, I am a Wisconsin Veteran, after my service I graduated from the University of Wisconsin at Madison, I have a lot of ties to that state, I have to also say I don’t approve of recall elections and if I have lived in Wisconsin at the time Scott Walker was being recalled I may have voted for him. There are reasons for removing a person from office but not liking their politics is not one of them, In 2014 the voter will have another shot at him, as it should be. Please note, I have a lot of friends that would be considered Conservatives, those people have common sense views, they are not extreme. There are many Republicans in Congress that I respect and maybe even vote for. Those that believe we should shut down our economy to prove a point are not good Americans, that would be the worst thing they could do for your party and the nation. May you have a great day.

2. E Pluribus Unum says

Why don’t “I” do some research? How about YOU do some research. Unions are not responsible for workers making a decent wage. This ain’t the 1880’s anymore. Good grief. Unions are responsible for using the government hammer to extort money from companies, making them non-competitive in the world marketplace, and causing massive layoffs, brain drain, and offshore hiring. Oh yes, and let’s not even get into GOVERNMENT unions. Those are responsible for the cities and states that are currently going bankrupt. They no longer have any money for roads and bridges and basic government functions, because they are writing huge checks to out-of-control fat-cat pension funds.

THAT is the legacy of unions. A good parasite does not kill its host. Unions never learned that lesson, not even after UAW wrecked the domestic car industry.

3. bobby says

Unions are responsible for not only higher wages, about 33% more than non-union, they provide more job security, safer and higher-quality work conditions, provide additional benefits. Union have been under attack since 1947 when Congress pass the Taft-Hartley Act. You mention 1880, there were a couple of unions back than but were not well organize and not very effective. Most unions rose up during the 1930’s, FDR thought workers deserved to be treated fairly and backed the organize labor concept. Here in the United States only 11.4% of our work force belong to unions, not a large voting block, only 7% in the private sector, that is compared with 18.4% in Germany, 27.5% in Canada, 70% in Finland. Unions did not contribrute to the Auto industry problems, that would be management, for the last 20 years the auto workers have made concessions to keep these companies competitive, excutives took those concessions and gave out muti-million dollar bonuses to CEO’s and other top people. Once the management was replaced at GM they were once again on top, they paid back the Government loans, with interest, 5 years before the maturity date, I know, the Government still has stock in the company. Off shore hiring is strictly a management decision, has nothing to do with the union. The fact is the cities and states that are having financial problem is caused by the Government in charge of those places. Take a look at MN, the last Governor left that place in a terrible financial mess. The current Governor brought it out of the crises and back to a productive state. It sounds like you don’t believe in pensions, do you think a person should work until they drop dead. I have never belong to a union in my life but including my 4 years in the Air Force, and 40 years working for the US Government, you guess it, I am drawing a Government Pension, and yes, I also have a great health plan, I offer no apology for that. You can go through life making what ever with little or no benifits, no pension, I think Americans deserve better. If employers were not so much about themself and really care for their workers, there would be no need for unions, I for one will keep fighting for the workers of America until my last breath. I am not sure why you are down on unions, it is not because of the reason you stated in your posting, that was all fabrication. Have a great day.

2. DominariNolo says

So where do you suppose that money comes from? And by the way, Joe did not write this article. I did. And I am perfectly happy “on my own”, not having a union to hide behind. I earn what I get, and if I don’t do the job to the satisfaction of my employer, I get canned. Just as it ought to be.