Once again the Washington Free Beacon does the hard work the mainstream media will not or cannot do: Get to the bottom of the now year-old mystery of what really happened in the terror attacks at the consulate in Benghazi, Libya which resulted in the death of four Americans.
Where was President Obama that night? Why weren’t any of our allies asked to help us? Why were our own forces told to stand down? Why was the whole incident blamed on a YouTube video? What was the CIA doing? How or was Ambassador Stevens involved in arms running to Syria through Turkey? Here’s a story that points to more attempts to keep things shut down by this most transparent Administration:
A CIA employee who refused to sign a non-disclosure agreement barring him from discussing the Sept. 11, 2012 terrorist attack in Benghazi, Libya, has been suspended as a result and forced to hire legal counsel, according to a top House lawmaker. Rep. Frank Wolf (R., Va.) revealed at an event on Monday that his office was anonymously informed about the CIA employee, who is purportedly facing an internal backlash after refusing to sign a legal document barring him from publicly or privately discussing events surrounding the Benghazi attack.
The revelation comes about a month after several media outlets reported that CIA employees with knowledge of the terror attack had been forced to sign non-disclosure agreements (NDA) and submit to regular polygraph tests. “The reports on the NDA are accurate. We’re getting people who call,” Wolf said Monday during an event marking the launch of the Citizens’ Commission on Benghazi, a panel of former military and intelligence officials who are investigating unanswered questions surrounding the Benghazi incident.
Wolf’s office first received the anonymous call earlier in the summer, soon after CNN and Fox News reported on the NDAs and polygraph tests. The caller told Wolf’s staff that an unnamed CIA employee has been suspended after refusing to sign a Benghazi-related NDA. “My office received a call from a man saying that he knew a CIA employee who has retained legal counsel because he has refused to sign an additional NDA regarding the Sept. 11, 2012, events in Benghazi,” Wolf said in Sept. 9 remarks at a panel discussion hosted by Judicial Watch.
“I called the law firm and spoke with CIA employee’s attorney who confirmed that her client is having an issue with the agency and the firm is trying to address it,” Wolf said. “Based on my past experiences with the CIA, which is headquartered in my congressional district, I am not at all confident that these efforts will be successful.” The NDA agreements are meant to instill fear in employees and stop them from speaking “to the media or Congress,” Wolf said on Monday. Retired Air Force Col. Richard Brauer, cofounder of the group Special Operations Speaks, said the committee would aim to find out why U.S. military assets were ordered to “stand down” during the Benghazi attack.
“We’re tired of the lies and the cover-up that continues to this day,” Brauer said. “Who gave the order” to stand down, “to remain in place in Tripoli and the other locations and do nothing. When was this order given and why?” “Forces were available on that very night, likely champing at the bit, but they were told to stand down,” he said. “These are words that will live in infamy.”
I guess the big question for the Obama Administration is: What are they afraid of? Most likely however, the one person with the most to lose is Hillary Clinton. She’ll be the one left standing to answer questions in a couple years after everyone else has left for Europe..
– 30 –
follow Rodney Lee on Twitter @rodneyconover
Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Friend him if you dare
Rodney Lee Conover lives in California with his whippet “Jack”
Sign up to get alerts from Joe!