Daily Top 10 Tech 7-5-13
Good morning. Here’s what you missed while you were busy celebrating the 4th of July.
- Samsung’s second quarter earnings missed expectations.
- Zynga’s new CEO, Don Mattrick, will earn $50 million in a combination of stock and cash. He will make $19.3 million during his first year on the job.
- A smart watch for Dell? The PC maker is looking into wearable tech.
- Qwiki, the startup Yahoo just spent ~ $50 million on, is being sued by Chaotic Moon over the app’s development.
- Now you can re-vine Vine videos in your stream and hide vines from the public eye. Re-vining is just like retweeting.
- A lunch and photo with Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer was auctioned off for $90,000. The winner: Ralph C. Martin, CEO of risk management firm Emirat AG.
- Samsung bought Boxee, a cord cutting tool for the living room, for $30-60 million. It doesn’t seem like a win for the startup, which raised $26.5 million over the years.
- And just for fun: A Dropbox intern and former Miss Silicon Valley has been crowned Miss California. Crystal Lee, 21, will be competing in the upcoming Miss America pageant.