Police training exercises portray homeschoolers as crazed terrorists

MUSKEGON, Mich. – The federal government apparently has identified the political groups that pose the greatest security threat to the United States.

Know-your-enemyThey are not fundamentalist Muslims. They are not anarchists or communists. They are not the Occupy Wall Street people.

The government apparently fears those vicious homeschooling parents above all else.

Why would we say such a thing?

Around the nation police have been training to battle “everything from homeschoolers to patriots and constitutionalists – ‘right wing extremists’ in government parlance,” according to an eye-opening article from Infowars.com.

The article cites a 2004 terrorism training exercise in Muskegon, Michigan. The exercise, funded by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, portrayed an attack on a school bus by “fanatical homeschoolers” called “Wackos Against Schools and Education.”

It also cited a 2011 police training exercise in Iowa that simulated a school shooting by a “white teen boy whose family is involved in anti-illegal immigration rallies and supports the Second Amendment.” The father of the shooter was portrayed as a member of an “underground white supremacist group.”

We’re surprised they’re not training SWAT sharpshooters to take out elderly Tea Party protesters as they sit quietly on their lawn chairs during their polite rallies. Those people, and their constant complaining about the federal debt, are a real menace to national security, you know.

While there are some violent right-wing types out there, they are clearly not the biggest threat to our nation.

Everyone, including the people running the government, knows that the biggest threat comes from Islamic Jihadists, they types who caused the 9/11 hijackings and this year’s Boston Marathon bombings. And let’s not forget the crazed anarchists who operate the very menacing Occupy Wall Street movement. They actually want to overthrow our constitutional government and economic system.

But we suppose it would be politically incorrect to plan to fight the poor folks from the Middle East who have been so horribly oppressed by Israel, or the energetic kids who are just sewing a few wild seeds with their calls for violent revolution.

The conservatives who question big, wasteful government are the real monsters who must be dealt with.

As the superintendent of Cedar Rapids, Iowa schools was quoted a few years back, “There is a dedicated, very well organized, very well financed movement in America that is very anti-public schools, very anti-government. The ultimate example of that sentiment is the bombing of the federal building in Oklahoma City.”

Who knew the quiet, seemingly harmless homeschoolers had a hand in that massacre? They certainly are devious, aren’t they?

By Steve Gunn at EAGnews.org

1. bahndon says

so far all the mass murders were perpetrated by DEMOCRATS!!!

2. DustyFae says

People are home schooling because they do not want their children to learn islam and to be taught that democrats is the only way to vote, and Christians are war mongers. That is what our government is teaching our kids, Check it out in your own school. Texas makes you pay a fee to see what kids are learning.

1. Stephen Moffett says

Our own government is becoming our worst enemy by labeling all of us that believe in the very principles this country was founded on! Freedom and liberty with justice for all. Their justice shall come and it is they that will be condemned if not in this life then after for their treacherous ways to live in the lake of fire with their brethern. We need more than the satisfaction of knowing that and need them repremanded for their crimes now! How did these communist criminals ever infiltrate the government so easily?

3. MontieR says

I disagree, the biggest danger to our country are the entrenched communists/socialists that are hardwired to dismantle our Constitution and the bill of rights simply to further the agenda of more government. Ried, Pelosi, Boxer, Wasserman, Obama. Holder, Blomberg and so many more they have PROVEN track records for ignoring our laws to get what they want, MORE power and control at ANY cost.

4. Kathy Fugitt Price Skaggs says

So now they are blaming the homeschoolers for McVeigh’s blowing up the Federal building in OK? They are just plain stupid.

5. Colleen Wampler Schaming says

Matt, I respect police officers in general. A few bad apples do not spoil the whole bunch. But this govt has an agenda, it is plain to see. I just hope when the SHTF you will all remember what side you are on. Their is no doubt in my mind you will soon have to choose. I have many neighbors and friends who serve their community everyday. I just hope when the time comes they recognize they will be asked to forget we are their friends and neighbors. God bless you and thank you for your service.

6. Gaines Bruce says

And we wonder how the authorities missed the Boston Bombiing. there we emphasizing the worng segment of society.

7. Petertimber says

what goes around comes around for everybody and everything loopy or not. The heavier the rock the higher the ripples.

8. Matt says

Really? What is with the Alex Jones type story? I’ve got to say, I’m more than a little disgusted. That story assumes all cops nationwide (people like me) are training to go after conservative, small government people (people like me) based on the two training incidents cited that were conducted by two different agencies in two different states that occurred twice in an 8 year period. To call that a stretch, is quite a stretch.

“Why aren’t the police training to battle those types, instead of the poor taxpayers who feebly request that our government stop spending our nation into bankruptcy?” Because political correctness will not allow it. If an agency trained for what we all know is the true enemy, they would be sued by the ACLU and a hundred other similar groups.

Besides the progressive left, political correctness is our next biggest enemy.

1. Matt says

I may have been a little short with my above post, and for that I apologize. Long night at work, early morning with the kids, and not nearly enough coffee before posting… That said, my intent was not to argue that those training things occurred (I have no doubt they did), but to address the conclusion the article jumps to, that cops are training to battle conservative Americans.

In all the training situations I have been in, such as active shooter training and other scenario based training including simunition training (LOVE simunition training!), every scenario you are put into has a back story. They do that because whenever we are responding to something as cops, we at least have some info before we go (someone had to call 911 and tell us something to get us to go). The back stories are sometimes written in a very humorous way, and other times not. Cops, based on what we deal with on a daily basis, generally speaking have a very dark sense of humor. It is a survival tool. You see enough disgusting, horrible things and unless you can find a way to deal with that, it will eat you alive. Many of us do that through humor. I highly suspect that the person that wrote the back story for the bus incident was trying to be humorous by naming the group attacking a school bus “whackos against schools and education”. I think jumping from that to “the government thinks home schoolers are the enemy” is quite a stretch.

As for the other training scenario with the “underground white supremacist group”, that is a totally legit issue. There are groups such as “Church of the Creator” (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creativity_(religion) ), Aryan Brotherhood and the “Nazi Low Riders” (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nazi_Lowriders) that are very white supremacist and very anti-cop. To say using them as a training scenario is bad is the same as saying that using black or Hispanic gangs is bad. The only difference is that one it politically correct, the other is not.

My problem with the conclusion drawn by the article is that by looking at two specific training incidents, that occurred many years apart, under two different administrations, in two different areas by different agencies, the author is jumping to the conclusion that the cops are training to fight conservative Americans. I know I have pointed this out before, but the vast majority of cops are conservative Americans.

1. Oneyeopn says

Matthew, a large part of my family are LEO’s, the other part is military active duty or veterans. I read your response and understand the points you made. What you didnt say is the biggest thing though. You never did mention training for islamic terrorists, as a veteran myself I understand the saying “know your enemy”. I have lived all over the nation in my life, I have always been a hunter and recreational shooter but have never met an underground white supremacist although I do believe they exist. The most I have ever seen about them come from prison gangs and that has been the focus that I have seen in different types of educational material. For the most part I do trust local law enforcement, but, I see a total lack of training on the foreign terrorists and DOJ and DHS do not train for the kind of terrorism that we see and get news reports on. But the training material these departments use focus on americans with a serious focus on christian conservatives. In fact DHS has already came out focusing against veterans claiming that veterans like myself are terrorists. I took an oath to defend my country and the constitution, if by doing so, I am a terrorist and a target of federal law enforcement. You made valid points but only in a very narrow focus.

9. Shane says

The Left fears conservative Christians more than they fear Islamic Jihadists! Let’s face it; Obama is not on our side. Obama and the Muslim Brotherhood: By Daniel Greenfield
    Obama and The Jihad:

10. Michael DeVita says

Utterly ridiculous arguments these leftists put forth.