Obama took a series of unprecedented steps as he left office designed to to undercut the next administration and to undermine the Constitution.
It has created the ‘Deep State’ and thus fed unprecedented lawlessness in Washington, DC and resulting in an astounding 125 national security leaks in 126 days.
A bombshell report just released by the Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs details how an explosive uptick in leaks of classified information during the Trump Administration has been extremely dangerous to our national security.
The report, “State Secrets: How an Avalanche of Media Leaks is Harming National Security,” provides shocking details about how dangerous and extensive these national security leaks have been.
Today the American Center for Law and Justice is taking major legal action against the ‘Deep State’ in court.
The organization has participated in numerous cases before the Supreme Court, Federal Court of Appeals, Federal District Courts, and various state courts regarding freedom of religion and freedom of speech.
From the ACLJ:
It’s unprecedented lawlessness. 125 national security leaks in 126 days.
Today we’re taking major legal action against the deep state in court.
Obama-era corruption is crushing our Constitution. Lawless bureaucrats are criminally violating the Espionage Act each and every day. Fired FBI Director Comey intentionally leaked what may be classified information to the media.
It’s all an attempt by the self-proclaimed “Resistance” to undercut the President and undermine the Constitution.
At the ACLJ, we’ve been battling the deep state shadow government since Day One in federal court. In just a few days, we’re filing a major lawsuit that could help unmask the leakers.
Today, we’re back in court with a major filing. A federal judge has ordered the deep state bureaucracy to produce key documents about the Obama rule change that has led to the leaks.
Senator Ron Johnson (R-WI), Chairman of the US Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs, examined media leaks between January 20, 2017, and May 25, 2017 — the first 126 days of President Trump’s administration.
Senator Johnson found that the Trump administration has faced a leak a day over the first 126 days.
His examination consisted entirely of publicly available news articles; no classified information was accessed or reviewed.
The results of his review showed the significance of the leaks:
• The Trump administration faced 125 leaked stories—one leak a day— containing information that is potentially damaging to national security under the standards laid out in a 2009 Executive Order signed by President Barack Obama.
• Leaks with the capacity to damage national security flowed about seven times faster under President Trump than during President Obama’s and President George W. Bush’s first 126 days.
• The majority of leaks during the Trump administration, 78, concerned the Russia probes, with many revealing closely-held information such as intelligence community intercepts, FBI interviews and intelligence, grand jury subpoenas, and even the workings of a secret surveillance court.
• Other leaks disclosed potentially sensitive intelligence on U.S. adversaries or possible military plans against them. One leak, about the investigation of a terrorist attack, caused a diplomatic incident between the United States and a close ally.
• Leaked stories appeared in 18 news outlets, sourced to virtually every possible ermutation of anonymous current and former U.S. officials, some clearly from the intelligence community. One story cited more than two dozen anonymous sources.
• Almost all of the stories leaked during President Trump’s first 126 days were about the President or his administration. In contrast, only half of the stories leaked during the comparable period of the Obama administration were about President Obama or his administration; the other half concerned President Bush and his anti-terrorism tactics.
Senator Johnson shows the number of leaks graphically:
— Senator Ron Johnson (@SenRonJohnson) July 6, 2017
A list of the 125 leaks is provided in an appendix in the back of the report.
— Senator Ron Johnson (@SenRonJohnson) July 7, 2017
Insanity at it’s finest! It is time for justice!
HOW CAN YOU SUPPORT THE AMERICAN CENTER FOR LAW AND JUSTICE? Make a secure online donation. For other ways to support the ACLJ at no additional cost to you, go here.
Sign up to get alerts from Joe!
Trending on Joe for America
Sorry. No data so far.