The Russians did it! The Russians did it! …well, they may be right about that, but it wasn’t Trump that was involved here. It was the DNC!
Remember that Russian dossier that was handed off to our wonderful RINO friend, Sen. McCain? Yep, that one! Well, it turns out to no one’s suprise the DNC AND the Russians PAID a company to dig up fake news on Trump and then BLAST it out! Oh, what a suprise! NOT!
H/T Gateway Pundit:
GPS Fusion founder, Glenn Simpson, among other Democrats were on the payroll of the Russian lawyer who met with Donald Trump Jr. in June of 2016.
Fusion has a sordid history and links to several questionable research products.
Now there is more evidence that links Fusion GPS to both the Democrat Party and Russia!
To summarize the web of connections outlined below… we now know a Russian backed, Democrat connected research firm, with a history of smearing individuals and pitching fake information to reporters, was hired by opponents of President Trump to compile a “dossier” of supposed Trump ties to Russia.
The information that was compiled was taken seriously by the highest levels of our intelligence community along with our media, despite obvious signs that the firm behind it was tied to Russia.
Via the GOP—–
- Fusion GPS is the firm that hired ex-British spy Christopher Steele to put together a phony dossier during the 2016 campaign on supposed Trump ties to Russia.
- The dossier, full of Russian sourced information, was shopped to dozens of U.S. journalists during and immediately after the 2016 campaign, and eventually reported on despite obvious red flags to its accuracy.
- The dossier’s claims made it into the hands of U.S. intelligence officials, and were included in a top secret intelligence briefing for President Obama.
- The dossier’s claims of collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia helped spark the FBI investigation now supervised by Special Counsel Robert Mueller.
- We now know the dossier is full of bogus, false information. Christopher Steele even admitted in a lawsuit recently that most of his work in the dossier was never fully verified.
- Fusion GPS is deeply connected to Democrat The co-founder of Fusion GPS is reportedly a Hillary Clinton donor. Fusion GPS allegedly was retained by Planned Parenthood, and did work for Democrats to investigate Mitt Romney in 2012.
Of course we also know this about GPS:
- Fusion GPS has deep ties to Russia.
- According to the testimony of William Browder this morning, along with other reporting, Fusion GPS was hired by Russians to defend Russian government connected officials from allegations of fraud.
- Fusion GPS was also employed by Russians to fight against the Magnitsky Act and has worked on issues with Russian lawyer Natalia Veselnitskaya.
- Browder spoke this morning about Fusion GPS’ tactics to work over reporters, and its efforts to run smear campaigns on behalf of their clients.
It is not at all suprising to find out that the Trump dossier was FAKE NEWS! It’s also not suprising to hear that the firm was paid by Russia and the DNC. This research firm, Fusion GPS has a history of smearing individuals, pitching fake news to reporters and being hired by the Democrats to run fake news in the MSM.
Typtical Democrats! Just totally disgusting!
Sign up to get alerts from Joe!