Please disable your Ad Blocker to better interact with this website.

14-Year-Old Is Killed After Accidentally Dropping CHARGING Cell Phone Into Bathtub!

0

The parents of a teenage girl who was killed in a freak accident after she electrocuted herself when she dropped her charging phone into the bathtub are now pleading with others, explaining the dangers of electronics around water.

Speaking of his late 14-year-old daughter, Logan Coe said: ‘She was my everything.’

The family explained that it was in the early hours of Sunday morning, that Madison’s Samsung Edge Plus fell into the bathtub.

Felisha Owens, Madison’s step-mom said:

‘It’s not uncommon for her to spend two hours to two-and-a-half hours in the bathtub. She had her phone plugged into the extension cord and it was by the bathtub and I did it, she did it, we all had sat there in the bathtub with our phones plugged in and played our games.’

The phone dropped into the water while it was still plugged in and being charged, electrocuting the girl immediately.

‘You don’t think to sit in there with a 14-year-old. You don’t micro-manage your kids anymore, but maybe you should?’

Daily Mail:

The 14-year-old was described by her family as a smart and loving girl. Madison recently graduated from the eighth grade. She played basketball for his school and was a member of Terra Vista Middle School’s band.

The teen was spending the summer with her dad in Lovington before heading off to high school in Houston. Her family are now urging people to consider their advice: ‘The bathroom is a place for showers and personal time and your phones don’t belong in the bathroom. Electricity and water do not mix. All it takes is a drop,’ Owen’s said.

Donna O’Guinn, Madison’s heartbroken grandmother, also spoke to the station about her granddaughter.

‘I call her my shining star,’ O’Guinn said. ‘She was very smart. Very good student in school. She just loved life.’
‘She was just sweet to everybody and everybody loved her.’

The grieving grandmother then explained how there was a ‘burn mark’ on Madison’s hand from where she grabbed the phone, before adding she hopes it can be a lesson to others in future.

‘This is such a tragedy that doesn’t need to happen to anyone else,’ she told KCBD. ‘And we want something good to come out of this as awareness of not using your cell phone in the bathroom as it is plugged in and charging. ‘We need to be aware. We need to teach our children that electricity and water do not mix.’

A memorial service for Madison will be happening on Friday, and if you feel like you would like to help this family out, there is always the great Crowdfunding website that has blessed lives, time and time again.

A GoFundMe page has been set up on behalf of the family to help cover the medical and funeral expenses.

It is never easy losing a loved one, especially a child to such a senseless death. Our hearts and prayers go out to this family. Hopefully this is a lesson for others – don’t charge your phone near the bathtub while you are in it!

 

Join the conversation!

We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, vulgarity, profanity, all caps, or discourteous behavior. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain a courteous and useful public environment where we can engage in reasonable discourse.

Send this to a friend