Please disable your Ad Blocker to better interact with this website.

Tearful Mom Crawls Into Hospital Bed With 22-Year-Old Son. Shares Painful Truth About What Killed Him!

0

It is a tragic event in one’s life when a parent loses a child, especially when the death could have been prevented or was due to drugs. For this grieving mother, her 22-year-old son died too young. Now, she’s trying to work through her grief by educating others about the dangers of fentanyl.

Sherri Kent lives in Calgary, Canada, but the story could have been about a mom next door. Sherri is dealing with the heartbreak and loss of her son, in the best way she knows how; she’s helping to teach others about the dangers of drugs – especially fentanyl.

Her son wasn’t an addict. He wasn’t using every day. In fact, the horror of the story – one man approached her son and he tried it for the first time. Unfortunately, it was also the last time. He died from testing fentanyl for the first time. That’s the ugliness of drugs and drug dealers. They don’t discriminate against who uses them or who dies from them.

H/T Liftable:

Parents should never have to bury their children. Unfortunately, it’s something that happens much too often.

One Calgary mother is grieving the loss of her 22-year-old son. She cannot save him, but she hopes her heartbreaking story will help to save others.

In a gut-wrenching post on Facebook, Sherri Kent shared a picture of herself lying next to her dying son. “My son was not an addict he made a mistake that cost him his life,” she wrote below.

“I just want everyone to know that my son Michael overdosed on fentanyl,” Kent shared. “I just want to make everyone aware of the epidemic that’s goin on right now that’s killing 5-7 people a day in every city in Canada.”

She pleaded with others to share her post and educate their children about the dangers of drug use. “Please share this with your family and friends to help prevent another tragedy,” she pleaded.

It only took her son one time to die from overdose. Kent spoke about the tragedy with CBC News.

Her son was approached by a man selling the drug as “some really strong heroin.” At first, he declined but then decided to take his offer.

The two men took the drugs in the bathroom, but when Kent’s son started feeling unwell, the other left him. He was too scared to check up on him and instead sent workers from the store to do it.

H/T CBC:

“[The other man] got all sketched out and messed up and left my son in the washroom,” she said.

“About 20 minutes later, he was too scared to go back and check on my son … so he ran for the people who own the store to unlock the door and that’s when they found him. He was already blue in the lips. By the time the ambulance got there he was in cardiac arrest.”

Michael was rushed to hospital where he was placed on life support. Kent drove there to be with him and Michael was taken off life support and died in hospital on March 21, one week after overdosing. Kent also made the choice for Michael to be an organ donor, helping five other people.

“They made me a spot on the [hospital]bed where I could lay with my son and talk to him,” she said. “This is where I told him I was still proud of him.”

“It was one of the hardest things I’ve ever had to deal with in my life,” she said. “Believe me, it was the worst days of my life.”

Kent believes the overdose happened after a period in which her son had abstained from drug use, other than marijuana, for four months.

The results of toxicology tests are still pending, but Kent says doctors told her Michael’s death was likely the result of a fentanyl overdose because of the number of cases being reported.

Making naloxone kits readily available — a drug that can be injected to temporarily reverse an overdose of fentanyl or other opioids — will help reduce the number of deaths, Kent said.

No one should have to go through losing a child. I can not imagine the horror or grief involved. Losing a young man to drugs is brutal.  Losing your son, is unbearable. At least, Sherri Kent is speaking out about the lesson she learned about the dangers of fentanyl and the tragic loss of her 22-year-old son.

 

 

 

 

 

Join the conversation!

We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, vulgarity, profanity, all caps, or discourteous behavior. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain a courteous and useful public environment where we can engage in reasonable discourse.

About Author

Nancy Hayes

Nancy Hayes is a Digital Media Specialist and Conservative, Grassroots Activist. Over the past 4 years - she has worked on 21 campaigns nationwide. She has been involved in several key elections, including Ted Cruz for President and Herman Cain for President . She has served in such positions as Social Media Specialist, Phone Bank Director, State Director of Volunteers, and Grassroots Activist. Stay involved! Stay inspired! Stay educated! #TeamJoe #PJNET #CruzCrew #GOHTeam

Send this to a friend