President Trump sent CNN a strong message, they found out the hard way that he is no pushover. Trump refuses to tolerate anyone threatening his good name, least of all the biased CNN bullies. Trump pushed back against the network and hit them where it hurts, their wallet. He’s refused to allow his officials or surrogates to appear on FAKE NEWS networks, so they’ll no longer be appearing on CNN.
The White House has effectively iced out the network from on-air administration voices.
One White House Official stated:
“We’re sending surrogates to places where we think it makes sense to promote our agenda,” he went on to relay the message that CNN is no such place. They did have some mercy however, they added that the ban is not permanent.
However, A CNN reporter, speaking in the background, was a bit blunter: “The White House is trying to punish the network and force down its ratings.”
Trump’s administration officials decided to allow questions from CNN reporters. Although, officials, including White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer, and senior counselor Kellyanne Conway, haven’t appeared on the network’s programming in recent weeks.
Spicer, spoke at an event at the George Washington University on Monday, denying that CNN was being frozen out. He reminded seemingly forgetful press that he’d answered CNN’s questions in the regular daily briefings.
The Spicer added the real kill shot when he ended by saying:
“I’m not going to sit around and engage with people who have no desire to actually get something right.”
The last time an administration official was on CNN’s Sunday public affairs show “State of the Union” was Conway on January 8. She also appeared on CNN the following Wednesday with Anderson Cooper, the same day as then President-elect Trump’s press conference where he derided CNN for publicizing an unsubstantiated dossier claiming the Russians had salacious information about him. At the press conference, the president-elect refused to take a question from CNN correspondent Jim Acosta, who shouted out to him.
After his inauguration, Trump has continued blasting CNN as “fake news.”
Since then, Conway, Spicer, Chief of Staff Reince Priebus and even Vice President Mike Pence have made the rounds on the major Sunday shows but, notably, CNN’s “State of the Union” has been cut out.”
“State of the Union” anchor Jake Tapper said on his show and via Twitter that the White House has declined his invitations to appear.”
“We invited the Trump White House to offer us a guest to provide clarity and an explanation of what the president just did, especially given so much confusion, even within its own government by those who are supposed to carry out this order,” Tapper said on Sunday as he introduced a segment about the Executive Order banning visitors from some countries and putting a hold on the United States’ refugee policy. “The Trump white house declined our invitation.”
Tapper said something similar the previous Sunday.
In an interview with New York Magazine, Zucker just couldn’t admit defeat, he said he’s not worried about getting access to Trump.
“I think the era of access journalism as we’ve known it is over,” Zucker stated. “I think our credibility is higher than ever, and our viewership is higher than ever, and our reporting is as strong as ever.”
While CNN has not come to terms with the fact that their network sucks something fierce it has been noted that it’s not unusual for a White House to tangle with certain outlets.
A previous official in President Barack Obama’s office acknowledged that they had their “battles with Fox,” and that there were a couple of times where “we sent people on other networks and not on Fox.”
A spokesperson for Fox News did not immediately respond to a request for comment, probably because they could care less about CNN’s fake news.
Sign up to get alerts from Joe!