Traditionally, outgoing presidents ride off into the sunset and refrain from criticizing the new president. You can look to George Bush or even Bill Clinton for good examples of that.
Don’t expect Barack Obama to follow that example.
In Sunday’s New York Times it’s been reported that Obama is rethinking his plans to withdraw from the political arena on January 20, 2017. He’s indicated to Democratic activists that he’s going to add his voice to theirs.
“While the president holds out hope that he might influence Mr. Trump, he has made it clear that once out of office he will not remain silent if Mr. Trump goes too far in undoing his legacy.”
- Would that be making sure that Iran has the ability to get nuclear weapons?
- Or maybe doubling the cost of health insurance?
- Or how about working to destroy the military?
- Or raising Americans on welfare rolls to the highest levels ever seen?
- Or having the most Americans out of the workforce on record?
If Barack Obama really cared about America he be honest and hope that Donald Trump is able to unravel everything he’s done since his first day of office. Making America great again doesn’t include leaving any indication that Barack Obama ever occupied the Oval Office.
I think once Donald Trump gets started on his agenda the American people – I’m not talking about New York and California – are going to be happy with the new administration and the last person in the world there you want to hear from us Barack Obama. Or Michelle.
Sign up to get alerts from Joe!