Barack Obama once thought ObamaCare would be his legacy. He’s probably right, though just not in the way he thought. ObamaCare paved the way for Donald Trump as did every other policy that Barack Obama put in place with his mighty pen.
Listen to what Donald had to say, what the American people heard, and what the American people celebrated on November 8.
If you go to the Trump transition website, GreatAgain.gov you’ll find the framework of the key policies that Donald Trump is going to pursue.
- Overhaul immigration policies including “Building that Wall”;
- Changing the tax code to make income taxes simpler, fairer, and pro-growth;
- Addressing the millions of American jobs and have been lost over the last decade;
- Promoting a strong, robust military force;
- Restructuring U.S. energy policy, including ending the “war on coal”;
- Repealing ObamaCare;
- Protecting America’s constitutional rights by nominating judges and Supreme Court justices who are committed to interpreting the Constitution and laws according to their original public meaning.
And that’s just the start.
The U.S. border patrol is already beefing up their forces along the southern border to repel the eight year-long invasion from Mexico and Central America. And the leaders of both Canada and Mexico contacted Trump the day after his election to indicate their willingness to sit down and renegotiate NAFTA. Even the Obama administration is cooperating by declaring the Transpacific Partnership dead.
We certainly have a long way to go, but so far I would say that Donald Trump has accomplished more in the four days since his election for the American people than Barack Obama did in eight years.
Sign up to get alerts from Joe!
Trending on Joe for America
Sorry. No data so far.