Store Rewards Employee In The Cruelest Way After Her Near Death Experience

0

A young 18-year-old girl who was supporting herself worked at a clothing store. Enjoying your job is important, it can make you a happy person or a miserable one. I’m guessing from the outcome of this situation the girl didn’t like her job all that much. Because, when she had a near fatal reaction, after accidently eating a bell pepper, her manager did something no normal human being would do. She left her there to rot, when the employee came out alive she recieved a cruel text…

Duperreault, who was employed at Urban Planet for two months, has an anaphylactic allergy to peppers, including all bell peppers and hot peppers.
She’s also allergic to the touch and smell of mangoes.

35C2561A00000578-0-image-a-37_1467143547371

‘If someone is cooking pepper, my throat will close and if I touch a mango my hand will blister, she told CBC News.

After Duperreault ate the bell pepper, her neck started to close up, so she called a manager and told her it was an emergency. She tried to find her EpiPen, but it wasn’t in her handbag.  When her manager arrived, she didn’t react in the way Duperreault predicted.  She claims her boss didn’t call 911 and showed her ‘attitude’ while she was vomiting and struggling to breath.

In a lengthy Facebook post about the incident, she wrote: ‘She proceeded to show a tremendous amount of attitude.  ‘I did not have an Epi pen on me at the time because mine was expired and I needed to get a prescription for a new one. ‘So she told me to go look in my car then proceeded to of wander off, meanwhile I’m getting fainty and I’m vomiting, I went out to my car and searched for one but no luck. ‘So I go back into the store, gurgling and clutching my throat while customers and a few staff around me were freaking out and that same manager stood calmly at the computer typing away,’ she wrote.

35C2562600000578-0-image-a-36_1467143512658

‘I proceed to the back room where a male staff member basically had to carry me up the stairs and get my stuff for me, because was so lightheaded I could barley stand up, and I couldn’t feel my extremities.

35C3778200000578-0-image-a-38_1467143571461

‘I go to clock out when I hear a colleague of mine yell ‘should I call an ambulance’ the manager ignores her.

When she arrived at Lakeside Medical Clinic, they gave her a dose of epinephrine and Benadryl.
She then got into an ambulance and she says that’s when she received a text from her manager saying she no longer had shifts at the store.

Duperreault said the parent company for Urban Planet, Y.M. Inc., contacted her on Thursday and she spoke to the CEO who personally apologized for how the situation was handled.
She also said Y.M. Inc., has agreed to work something out so she’s financially covered until she finds another job. But she says Y.M. Inc. did not say much about how the manager at Urban Planet acted.

‘That’s more than I could’ve asked for,’ she said.

Urban Planet posted a statement on Facebook that read: ‘We have thoroughly investigated this. Simply put, the actions were unacceptable.  ‘While we have a duty to respect confidentiality in Human Resource matters, we can state the following: Our CEO apologized to the employee personally, as will the manager
‘We are also moving quickly to ensure all of our store management clearly understands our expectations in a situation like this. That direction is simple: the safety of our employees comes first.’

Unbelievable! Even after the CEO of the company apologized the girl has yet to recieve any type of response from the manager. It has to be one of two things; either the manager has too much pride to apologize, or her manager is so embarrassed she doesn’t want to speak to the girl again. In any case, the girl who almost died should most definitely not be the one to lose her job, it should be her negligent supervisor.

Send this to friend