She ignored his screams at first, then it was to late!

0

I can’t imagine the guilt this mother must have felt after she unintentionally did this to her son. She thought she was giving her boy the awesome summer fun that every child enjoys, she filled up the kiddie pool from the garden hose, and in doing so sprayed her 9-month-old son all over his body. That’s when the tears started coming.

“I thought he was crying because he was mad . . . he hates when he gets sprayed in the face,” Woodger said. “I didn’t think it was burning him.”

But almost immediately, his skin began peeling and blisters formed along his right side.

That day, it was 115 degrees, which means the water inside the hose – when left out in the sun – could reach as high as 150 degrees, the station noted.
e61755bcf07144ca_burn-main
“At those temperatures, something as short as a 10- or 30-second exposure can result in a second-degree burn,” the city’s fire department captain, Larry Subervi, said.

Thankfully, the boy is making a full recovery. Woodger’s advice: “Just be careful. Touch it before you let your kids near it.

This is a good warning for everyone with little kids. It gets hot and everything including the hose water heats up. Careful not to burn your children!

Send this to friend