Man Wading In Warm Water Begins Puking, Wakes up Missing Body Part

0

This 50-year-old man was enjoying a warm sunny day at the beach with his family, kids, and grandchildren. It wasn’t until he started puking that he realized something was wrong, he woke up missing a body part…

Now he is warning others about the untold dangers that lurk in the water we swim in.

Brian Parrott is now fighting for his life after contracting a flesh-eating bacteria while taking his family to a local beach in Galveston, Texas. Doctors had to amputate his right leg after it became infected at a beach. The man’s family states the infection has put an end to his career in security, and now, they worry what will happen next.

358898FE00000578-0-image-a-25_1466557190533-620x372

“The problem I have is (Parrott) didn’t know about it. If (his family) had known about it, they surely wouldn’t have put (my) great-grandkids or his grandkids (in the water),” said Parrott’s mother, Donna Daily. “You go swimming with your family on Sunday, you go to work on Monday, you have a red leg on Tuesday, Wednesday you have boils on your leg, Thursday you lose the leg,” Dailey told KHOU, the local news station that broke the story.

Parrott, of Jacinto City, Texas, is currently in intensive care at LBJ Hospital. The infection progressed very quickly and the turn of events that led to the loss of Parrot’s right leg was abrupt. His family is very concerned about whether Parrott will recover at all or if this infection could potentially cost him his life.

1024x1024-620x465

They want to get the word out to others, to warn them of the danger. Parrott’s mother states, “There’s nothing more that we can do for my son, but maybe we can save somebody else.”

Health officials in Harris County, where the beach is located, have not confirmed but have speculated it may be vibrio, a common flesh-eating bacteria that lurks in coastal waters and can infect people through open wounds when exposed to salt water.

There have already been two cases of vibrio this year, one was because of an open wound and the other was over consuming shellfish. Last year there were eight infections. Why on earth is this happening?! It’s crazy that there’s so little we can do about.

Send this to friend