The Girl Scouts once was a great organization, but it’s been taken over by the far left.
We used to be major purchasers of Girl Scout cookies and were known to spend a hundred dollars on them, but no more. The latest example in, of all places, Salt Lake City will blow your mind. Watch:
It seems the Girl Scouts have been having trouble over the last few years recruiting leaders and girls. Given the current far left make up of the people who run the organization we are not surprised.
They are not at all representative of America or American values. Here’s a sample.
• GSUSA CEO Anna Maria Chavez collaborated* with Planned Parenthood as head of Girl Scouts of Southwest Texas; (See UPDATE).
• GSUSA National President Connie Lindsey donated to the pro-abortion, pro-LGBT Chicago Foundation for Women;
• GSUSA Board Member Barbara Krumsiek is the Board Chair of the Eugene and Agnes E. Meyer Foundation which funds Planned Parenthood of Metropolitan Washington;
• GSUSA Board Member Monica Gil is a volunteer and former Board Member (through 2011) of the Saban Free Clinic in L.A., which provides“free and easy” birth control, emergency contraception, and abortion referrals to teens over 12, without parental notice or consent;
• GSUSA Board Member and Executive Secretary Debra Nakatomi is International Commissioner to the pro-abortion World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts and promoted contraceptives to Asian teensthrough California’s Get Real program;
• Laurie Westley, GSUSA Senior Vice President of Public Policy, Advocacy & the Research Institute, previously worked for the National Women’s Political Caucus, a group dedicated to electing pro-choice women.
• Joan Wagnon, the GSUSA Treasurer, Board of Directors, accepted large campaign contributions from late-term abortionist George Tiller while she was Secretary of Kansas’ Department of Revenue and praised Tiller’s “social conscience and … big heart;”
• Ellen S. Fox, GSUSA Board Member from 2008 through 2011, serves on the Investment Committee of the International Planned Parenthood Federation’s Board of Directors.
The list goes on.
You get the idea. The Girl Scouts is no longer an organization that should be supported by anybody who cares about America and American values. The leadership of Girl Scouts USA certainly don’t.
If you’ve got a cookie addiction, there’s a way to keep that in check and not send money to the Gay Mafia and Planned Parenthood.
Keebler and a number of cookie makers have Girl Scout cookie knockoffs that are identical. You can find the list here, but here’s a sample…
You’ll find lots more at the link.
So, feed your cookie habit and support the free market at the same time. Just say “Hell NO!” to Girl Scout cookies.
Sign up to get alerts from Joe!