Doctors Tell Woman to Pull Plug on Husband: When She Refuses He Wakes Up!!

0

The doctors gave up…Matt and Danielle didn’t!

Matt fell out of his wheelchair yesterday … He’s okay. He saved himself. Usually if he looses his balance or falls or gets wobbly he tries not to fall and lands on his butt, hips, side, face.

When doctors recommended Matt Dallas be taken off life support, his wife Danielle refused.

When doctors recommended Matt Dallas be taken off life support, his wife Danielle refused.

These are the words of Danielle Davis, the wife of Matt Davis.

They had been married seven months when Matt had a devastating motorcycle accident back in 2011. He broke several bones,  suffered from a traumatic brain injury, and slipped into a coma.

Matt and Danielle Davis were married in December 2010. Less than a year later, Matt crashed his motorcycle in Georgia. Nine days after the accident, the doctors sat Danielle down.

They said if it was them, they’d pull the plug,” she said. “That’s what they’d want their family to do.

HT_danielle_and_matt_davis_2_jt_150406_4x3_992

An Epic Love Story

But Danielle would not give up hope! Danielle refused!

The doctors gave Matt a 90 percent chance he would never wake up, Danielle looked at it as a 10% chance he would.

Insurance pays for his rehabilitation but Matthew also needs intensive long-term therapy. Danielle started a GoFundMe page to help with those out-of-pocket costs. So far, it has raised $17,000 in 1 month. (Go give them some love folks!)

Doctors gave Matthew Davis a very slim chance of survival after a motorcycle accident left him in a coma, but his wife of just seven months, Danielle, refused to give up on him!

Doctors gave Matthew Davis a very slim chance of survival after a motorcycle accident left him in a coma, but his wife of just seven months, Danielle, refused to give up on him!

 

Through Facebook, a website, and GoFundMe, Danielle has been chronicling Matt’s progress. He volunteers his time, searches ways that he can work to create income, and writes beautiful love letters and poetry.

They talk about giving the glory and praise to God, the successes, and the disappointments.

One thing for sure, you do not have to read far to see two people who never give up and see no hurdle as too big to jump.

In the months that have ensued, Matt has regained much of his long-term memory. He still does not remember dating or marrying her, but has started fresh and they now have a beautiful relationship. They are often found playing Scrabble and doing Yoga.

Danielle was 24 when the accident happened, and had only started dating Matt, then 23, two months before their wedding.

Danielle was 24 when the accident happened, and had only started dating Matt, then 23, two months before their wedding.

Matt is quoted saying “I saw her and I was like, “Yayyy!” when he discovered that this beautiful woman who was taking care of him was his wife.

What a beautiful story of Faith, Love and Perseverance!

Danielle writes on the website: “Giving the glory and praise to God! Matt just knew he could and needed to do it. He said baby, can you stand in front of me for a second. I knew what he wanted and foolishly told him he wouldn’t be able to do it because he just can’t right now. I hate to see him disappointed. I stood there and he did it!

June of 2014, Danielle writes at Facebook: "He did this on his own"

June of 2014, Danielle writes at Facebook: “He did this on his own”

 

In response to all the recent media attention, Danielle writes:

God is good.
Matt is awesome.
This is crazy.
And cool.

To find out more, check out the social media:

Read “An Epic Love Story” at the couples website.
Follow Matt’s progress at Facebook.

If you can, give them some help!

See the touching reaction as Matt found out Danielle was his wife in the news report from WTOC:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3ZuRuW1hQ0

About Author

Scott Osborn is a Writer, Preacher, Political activist, as well as the Social Media Director for the TV Comedy Show, The Flipside with Michael Loftus. Scott hosts several radio shows, including the wildly popular “Conover U” starring Rodney Lee & the Preacher..

Send this to friend