Here’s Jonathan Martin from the DNC House Organ, the New York Times.
So, the Smartest Man in the World has managed to get himself elected President twice, but in terms of being able to actually get his “agenda” passed, in 2010 he gave away the House and this year it looks like he’s giving away the Senate. That will potentially blunt his ability to get things done in Washington.
We say “potentially” because he’s still got the EPA doing his bidding, regulating away the economy in the name of Cash for Climate Change, and he’s getting ready after the election to, at a minimum, nationalize millions of Mexicans.
Here’s the bad news. Republicans wouldn’t likely be poised for a win if it wasn’t for Obama’s screw-ups, and in reality, it’s worse than that.
Republicans aren’t poised to do anything in the next Congress because they don’t stand for anything. It’s not like they were out there promoting “conservative values” or anything even close. If they were, for starters, Thad Cochran and Pat Roberts would both have retired and would be supporting conservatives as their replacements. Republicans are doing nothing more, with darn few exceptions, than running as the “not Obama.” They have no real plan.
Well, we overstated that. They do have a plan. Given the current leadership in the Congress and the way the 2016 candidates are shaping up, they do have a plan. They will likely pledge to:
- Tweek ObamaCare so it will work better. They won’t kill it. They won’t roll back the Medicaid windfall to the Community Organizing Gang, and they won’t rid us of the IRS managing payment of medical premiums for “the poor.”
- Overhaul the IRS. Well, at least until after the election. At that point they’ll maybe allow the IRS leadership to toss an underling under the bus then all will be forgiven and forgotten.
- Middle East foreign policy dealing with ISIS, Iraq, Iran, and Israel. They will make noises about supporting Israel. They’ll do that only because they hope Israel will take out Iran’s nuclear capability because they don’t have testicular fortitude to do it. They’ll allow radical Muslims to continue to run rampant over anything they want while moderate Muslims put up the money to do it.
- They’ll talk about reigning in the EPA and their over-regulation that is killing the economy. After the election that subject will barely get lip service.
- On immigration they’ll rail against “amnesty” and after the election they won’t roll back, let alone eliminate, the DREAMERs that Obama has already nationalized, nor will they do a damn thing about the illegal “children” that are flooding into the US, nor will they do anything about millions of Mexicans that Obama is getting ready to nationalize after the mid-terms. They’ll move ahead with an amnesty plan that they’ll tout will secure the border in 2024 or at some point in the distant future, generally after there are no more Mexicans in Mexico.
We are pleased that Harry Reid will likely not be Majority Leader in January. Here at Curmudgeon Central, that’s about all we’re pleased about because the likes of John Boehner, Mitch McConnell, and company don’t give us anything to be pleased about. They’re nothing more than moderate Democrats.
Sign up to get alerts from Joe!