Not content with forcing liberal dogma down children’s throats through Common Core, California plans to force schoolkids to learn all about President Obama, his “historic” election and all the wonderful changes he has brought about.
In a law signed by Governor Moonbeam, Jerry Brown, the Legislature has told the California Instructional Quality Commission, which meets at the delicatessen down the street from the capitol, to include in its next history/social science curriculum update a unit on the racial significance of Obama’s election and how he has brought about equality when all past elections suppressed black votes.
As part of its trip into the farthest reaches of Fantasy Land, the Legislature declared the following:
- “(a) The election of Barack Hussein Obama to the office of President of the United States was a historic step in the effort towards equality in the United States.
- “(b) Before the Civil Rights Movement, intimidation and physical violence prevented millions of African Americans from voting and alienated them from the electoral process.
- “(c) The Voting Rights Act of 1965 was a civil rights victory that inspired more ethnic minorities to register to vote and pursue elected office.
- “(d) Barack Obama attended Harvard Law School where he became the first African American president of the Harvard Law Review.
- “(e) After law school, Barack Obama worked to fulfill the spirit of the Voting Rights Act of 1965 by encouraging people to register to vote.
- “(f) Barack Obama was first elected to the Illinois State Senate in 1996 and to the United States Senate in 2004.
- “(g) Senator Barack Obama was elected the 44th President of the United States and first African American President on November 4, 2008, and was sworn in on January 20, 2009.
- (“h) In honor of his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples, President Obama was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize.
- “(i) President Obama was reelected on November 6, 2012, and was sworn in for his second term on January 20, 2013.”
Doesn’t he sound wonderful?
Now, no one could have a reasonable problem with teaching kids the facts about Obama as part of a unit on all the presidents. Like it or not, he is the officeholder.
Just so we’re clear, the facts about Obama are in sections d, f, g and i. But since i is really just a follow on g, you’ve got three facts out of nine listed findings. The rest is either just random facts thrown in to pad Obama’s resume or is open to interpretation, particularly the baloney about “his extraordinary efforts” earning him the Peace Prize when all he really did for it was be not-Bush.
Obama’s “historic step” toward equality was nothing of the sort. His election was about money and behind-the-scenes abuse of power by certain fabulously wealthy individuals and other interests, and since his election, he’s done exactly squat to further equality — in fact, he has virtually divided up this country into camps of growling factions based on skin color and ethnicity. Not only is he letting the country be overrun by illegal immigrants in cynical pandering to Latinos, his Administration is actively trying to return Hawaii to native Hawaiians and create a separate, ethnicity-based sovereign nation out of our 50th state. He is the most racially divisive president of modern times.
His early efforts to get people to register had nothing to do with honoring the Voting Rights Act and everything to do with using the Alinsky method to press his radical ideas on American society. From the beginning of his career, Obama was a socialist with big ambitions to overturn the American ideals enshrined in the Constitution and Declaration and replace them with a Marxist society.
This move by California is an effort to single out Obama for special hero-status treatment that he definitely does not deserve. In the process, it bends and twists history to create an overly generous portrayal of King Putt that schoolchildren will be required to memorize and believe, or else.
It’s one of the fruits of Obama’s ultra-creepy zombie personality cult, and it was adopted 76-1 by the Legislature.
The lone voice in the wilderness was Republican Tim Donnelly, who literally is from the wilderness as he represents the High Desert region of California, from Northeast Los Angeles County to the Arizona border.
Donnelly is a decent man who probably eats a lot of lunches by himself and doesn’t get to join in any reindeer games.
California’s ham-handed efforts to brainwash children into embracing Obama the Glorious is more befitting of North Korea than one of the United States.
Sign up to get alerts from Joe!