The disappointments since Speaker John Boehner and establishment Republicans squandered the tea partier-fueled, anti-Obamacare, conservative-momentum coming out of the GOP 2010 mid-term election landslide, coupled with the still-inexplicable re-hiring of failed liberal Democrats, especially including President Barack Obama and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, in 2012; continues to dampen our hopes for new years.
You know times are dire when the best news is that economic and other circumstances are so bad, and so clearly attributable to the Democrats, that there is hope in the re-education of an electoral majority that maybe, just maybe, Americans could eventually have a chance to right the ship of state with correct choices during the next two election cycles.
The first leg of that cycle occurs on Election Day of this upcoming Year of our Lord, 2014; and since we we’ve gotten continuing resolution/budget-caused-government shutdowns (which we think was a net positive thanks to the Ted Cruz message that Republicans have no fingerprints on Obamacare) out of our system for at least the next 18 months, there may be the prospect of enough GOP unity to stop being the Stupid Party.
In that spirit we press on with our resolutions for conservatives of all stripes, whether they be paleo-, neocon-, libertarian, Reaganite (see video below) or tea partier:
1) Never let more than 90 seconds pass while on radio or television without saying the word “Obamacare”;
2) Continually press Democrats to join in votes to repeal Obamacare;
3) Unify around a health care plan to replace Obamacare, preferable the plan submitted by Rep. Dr. Tom Price (R-Ga.);
4) Oppose amnesty for illegal immigrants until the border is secure, as determined via a bi-partisan vote of Congress; and then only for residents that have been here for more than five years and who will not be eligible to vote in federal elections for at least 20 years thereafter; and
5) Oppose any increase in the minimum wage, but also oppose large cuts in Obamanomics-jobs-depression relief (especially including food stamp eligibility requirements), unless and until EPA, Dodd-Frank, HUD and other job-and-economic-growth-killing regulations, including especially Obamacare’s, are repealed via statute.
The real economy remains flat on its back and can’t get up with Obamacare in effect. The Fed and Wall Street may continue their rose-colored-glasses love affair for a time. But with less Americans working than were five years ago for less income, with any and all growth being borrowed at immoral rates from our future; but the reckoning, even there, is coming.
Courage will be required to resist the calls of liberals to “care” for the poor with minimum wage and other welfare increases that will only increase the number of unemployed, and especially youth in entry-level jobs. But Republicans should also resist the urge to blame poverty on those that qualify for food stamps and other welfare.
Republicans must stand for economic growth policies which begin with repealing Obamacare.
The mid-term election of 2014 is being handed to us by the epic failure of liberal Democratic party policies. They own the disaster. Let’s make sure we remind Americans that they own it while we offer common sense solutions.
Happy New Year!
“One man with courage makes a majority.” – Andrew Jackson
Sign up to get alerts from Joe!