This made it’s way into my inbox and while I try to be as courteous as possible when posting, I was unable to find the original source… I landed at this website and from there cannot find an original source. America’s Stupidity is a pretty good read.and worth a share:
This is Canada’s Top Ten List of America’s Stupidity.
9) Only in America … could people claim that the government still discriminates against “black” Americans when they have a “black” President, a “black” Attorney General and roughly 20% of the federal workforce is “black” while only 14% of the population is “black”. 40+% of all federal entitlements goes to “black” Americans – 3X the rate that go to whites, 5X the rate that go to Hispanics! Also cause a successful white female chef to lose millions of dollars because she had the audacity to utter the all dreadful “N” word some 20 years prior.
8) Only in America … could they have had the two people most responsible for their tax code, Timothy Geithner (the head of the Treasury Department) and Charles Rangel (who once ran the Ways and Means Committee), BOTH turn out to be tax cheats who are in favor of higher taxes.
7) Only in America … can they have terrorists kill people in the name of Allah and have the media primarily react by fretting that Muslims might be harmed by the backlash.
6) Only in America … would they make people who want to legally become American citizens wait for years in their home countries and pay tens of thousands of dollars for the privilege, while they discuss letting anyone who sneaks into the country illegally just ‘magically’ become American citizens.
5) Only in America … could the people who believe in balancing the budget and sticking by the country’s Constitution be thought of as “extremists.”
4) Only in America … could you need to present a driver’s license to cash a check or buy alcohol, but not to vote.
3) Only in America … could people demand the government investigate whether oil companies are gouging the public because the price of gas went up when the return on equity invested in a major U.S. oil company (Marathon Oil) is less than half of a company making tennis shoes (Nike).
2) Only in America … could the government collect more tax dollars from the people than any nation in recorded history, still spend a Trillion dollars more than it has per year – for total spending of $7-Million PER MINUTE, and complain that it doesn’t have nearly enough money.
1) Only in America … could the rich people – who pay 86% of all income taxes – be accused of not paying their “fair share” by lazy people who don’t pay any income taxes at all.
Sign up to get alerts from Joe!