“We want to be back on the job!”
Here’s government union workers demonstrating in San Antonio courtesy of KABB TV. They want to go back to work. They’re screeching for people to call Speaker Boehner and demand they send a continuing resolution to the Senate.
See The Jolt…
[Harry] Reid drags his feet on alleviating the financial anxiety of hundreds of thousands of furloughed federal workers, and he’s refused to bring to the floor seven continuing resolutions, all passed by the House, all passed by wide and fairly bipartisan majorities (all or almost all of the Republicans, and another 20 or so House Democrats):
- Authorizing military chaplains to do their duties during the shutdown;
- Continuing appropriations for the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children for fiscal year 2014 (food stamps).
- Continuing appropriations for the Federal Emergency Management Agency.
- Continuing appropriations for veterans benefits.
- Continuing appropriations for the National Institutes of Health.
- Continuing appropriations for National Park Service operations, the Smithsonian Institution, the National Gallery of Art, and the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum.
- Continuing appropriations of local funds of the District of Columbia.
Not a single one of those resolutions says anything about Obamacare.
We know why Harry Reid isn’t bringing them to the floor. If he did, they would pass. Senate Democrats wouldn’t be able to vote “no” on any of those priorities without providing fodder for attack ads next fall (maybe the District of Columbia). And if they pass, the pain of the shutdown is mitigated in part.
These union workers are asking people to call the wrong guy. They should be demanding Harry Reid’s head on a pike.
Sign up to get alerts from Joe!
Trending on Joe for America
Sorry. No data so far.