Yeah that one. It’s not mine. Where’s my golf clubs?
So we’ve got Barack Obama v 8.12.12 (starts at 0.40):
A red line for us is, we start seeing a whole bunch of chemical weapons moving around or being utilized…
OK, let’s morph to Barack Obama v 9.4.13 (starts at 0.12):
First of all I didn’t set a red line, the world set a red line. The world set a red line when governments representing 98% of the world’s population said the use of chemical weapons is abhorrent … Congress set a red line when it ratified that treaty …
My credibility is not on the line, the international community’s credibility is on the line. And America and Congress’s credibility is on the line…
If one of our sons said that I’d spank the living daylights out of him. He wouldn’t sit down for a week. Barack Obama is the poster boy for world class hypocrites. He cannot be held accountable for anything, and certainly not something he actually said just over a year ago.
This little situation in Syria has been going on for well over a year. I honestly don’t know when the “civil war” started and I’m not going to bother to look it up because the only interest I have in Muslim-on-Muslim conflict in the Middle East is insuring neither side runs out of bullets. Anyway, they were well into the slaughter by August of 2012 when Barack drew his first Red Line in the sand.
Let’s make some guesses about just what Present Obama knew 13 months ago. Since he was talking about chemical weapons, it is obvious – at least to me – that we knew he had chemical weapons and we had some idea that they might consider using them on the part of the population loosely known as “rebels”.
My questions are simple, because I’m just a simple guy.
- Mr. Present, since that red line thingy now belongs to the Congress and “the world” (or at least the part with 98% of the population) just what have you done, in consultation with any Members of Congress or in consultation with some world leaders over the last 13 months to patch together a plan of some sort to address the eventuality of chemical weapons being used in Syria?
- When did you have the US military begin to draw up options for the eventuality and what other nations did they work with to develop those plans?
- Since countries representing 98% of the world’s population helped draw that red line, how many of those countries are participating in the military response you are proposing?
- Secretary Kerry said today that the Saudis were going to put up the cash for us to send in US Marines and soldiers to take Assad out of power and stabilize the country. Why aren’t they sending in their own military?
I could come up with lots more questions, but I think that’s a good start.
You should be calling your Congress Critter and your Senators to see how they’re going to vote on the Authorization for Use of Military Force. Here’s a couple of questions you might want to ask them.
- Exactly what threat to US national interest is happening in Syria?
- If we launch cruise missiles into Syria and they respond with Chinese anti-ship missiles and sink a US Navy ship what should our response be??
Let me close by noting that I’m really thankful our son, a USMC veteran, is no longer on active duty.
Sign up to get alerts from Joe!