Good morning. Here’s what you missed while you were busy celebrating the 4th of July.
- Samsung’s second quarter earnings missed expectations.
- Zynga’s new CEO, Don Mattrick, will earn $50 million in a combination of stock and cash. He will make $19.3 million during his first year on the job.
- A smart watch for Dell? The PC maker is looking into wearable tech.
- Qwiki, the startup Yahoo just spent ~ $50 million on, is being sued by Chaotic Moon over the app’s development.
- Now you can re-vine Vine videos in your stream and hide vines from the public eye. Re-vining is just like retweeting.
- A lunch and photo with Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer was auctioned off for $90,000. The winner: Ralph C. Martin, CEO of risk management firm Emirat AG.
- Samsung bought Boxee, a cord cutting tool for the living room, for $30-60 million. It doesn’t seem like a win for the startup, which raised $26.5 million over the years.
- And just for fun: A Dropbox intern and former Miss Silicon Valley has been crowned Miss California. Crystal Lee, 21, will be competing in the upcoming Miss America pageant.
Sign up to get alerts from Joe!