Richard Rahn at The Washington Times has an interesting article about how Ronald Reagan and Barack Obama have done by Black Americans. Of course they had different economic philosophies to say the least. Barack Obama regularly denounces “supply-side” economics and scoffs at the idea that a rising tide lifts all boats. And cutting taxes? Why that just favors the rich, don’t you know.
Follow Joe For America on Facebook!
Rahn sums it up this way: Reagan reduced taxes on job creators by 60%; Obama increased them by 17%. Reagan cut non-defense federal spending by a third; Obama has increased it, to say the least. Reagan cut regulations while Obama has greatly increased them.
- Under Reagan, adult black unemployment fell by 20%, but under Mr. Obama, it has increased by 42%.
- Black teenage unemployment fell by 16% under Reagan, but has risen by 56% under Mr. Obama.
- The increase in unemployment rates has been far worse for blacks under Mr. Obama than for whites and Hispanics.
- Inflation-adjusted real incomes are slightly higher for Hispanics and whites than they were in 2008, but are lower for blacks.
- The labor force participation rate has fallen for all groups, but remains far lower for blacks than for whites and Hispanics.
Richard Rahn’s brilliant piece in it’s entirety can be read here:
As a famous man once said, you’re entitled to your own opinions, but not your own facts. And here they are:
Are you paying attention Black America? Rahn goes on to say that, in a nutshell, a sane person would look at the above facts, admit that the program wasn’t working and change course – especially when you’re the first black President and over 90% of blacks voted for you and Oprah is kinda looking bad now for having you on the show. But noooooo, Obama is doubling and tripling down, mainly because he can, I guess.
Why do blacks put up with such high unemployment? Whites wouldn’t. They threw Jimmy Carter out on his ass and would do the same to anyone that ran white unemployment up anywhere near where it is for blacks. And why does Obama insist on running the country further into the ground? It’s puzzling, unless you buy into the theory that he’s just a Marxist who wants the place to fold and then everyone will depend on government.
I happen to be one of those people, but it’s not for the faint of heart.
- 30 -
follow Rodney Lee onTwitter @rodneyconover
Send email to email@example.com
Friend him if you dare – https://www.facebook.com/rodneyleeconover
Rodney Lee Conover is a writer / performer, living in Southern California’s Mohave Desert with his whippet “Jack”